Prologue

My heart beats so loud that its rhythm accentuated to the sound of the wind carrying the wild waves on the dirty white shore.

The sunflower's petals were scattered on the sand forming a heart shape encircling the round table for two. It is covered of a burgundy mantle beneath the vintage lamp on its center and a flower vase with a dwarf sunflower in it beside the lamp. There were also utensils formally arranged on the table.

My forehead creased as I hold back my tears. I looked around only for me to see my employees doing a favor for him without my consent. Nandito ang halos lahat ng crew sa kusina ng resort ko. In short, kinuntsaba niya ang mga tauhan ko. Why haven't I notice that? When did they plan this? I'm not sure of the answer. But I know I was betray by my people.

There are also strangers giggling as they walked by.

I maintained my composure. They shouldn't see me shed a single tear because of this. The Mavi they knew is someone who is cold and isn't sociable. I am here for business. We talk only for business. That's it.

I shifted my gaze to the person beside me as the crease in my forehead didn't fade.  "Cayenne, ano ito?"

He just answered me with a beam and the salty wind blew his charcoal hair parted in half that's almost reaching his ears. He then held my hand and pulled me towards his surprise. Hindi ako nakaimik agad kaya nahila niya ako papalapit sa pakulo niya.

I stared at his back. Napayuko ako kasabay ng pagbigat ng dibdib ko. Hindi ko deserve ito at lalong hindi ako deserving para sa kanya. Bakit niya ba ito ginagawa?

Nang makarating kami sa pwesto nito ay hinila niya agad ang upuang para sa akin.

"Have a sit, my lady," he huskily said as he slightly bowed down holding his chest like a prince.

I feel my face heated. Oh snap that, Mavi! You need to think how to stop this one. Umupo ako at lumipat naman siya sa upuan niya

"Para saan ba ito, Cay-"

"Hush, Mavi. We can make a talk about that in the middle of our conversation," he cut me off while grinning and so my mouth shut. He poured a three fourth of red wine on my glass then next to him.

Come on let me speak, Cayenne. You don't have to pull an act like this because this is too much. I also have an idea already where will this flow. And, I can't accept that. I take a glance on the ring on my left hand's ring finger. I just can't.

He raised his hand in the air. Agad namang dumalo si Jonathan  na nakasuot pa ng waiter's uniform holding a silver container with a round cover on his hand. I intensely give him a glare as soon as his sight landed on me but he just responded me with a smile. Then, a calming tune from a violin elevated from behind. It's Jessy and company for sure since they are in charge to serenade the guest at the resto inside the resort.

"Good evening, Sir Cayenne and Lady Mavi. Enjoy your Bourbon Pecan Chicken!" bati niya.

Binuksan niya ang pagkakatakip sa pagkain bago ito inilapag sa mesa. Pinagsilbihan naman ako agad ni Cayenne at siya ang naglagay ng kakainin ko. There's a rice too by the way. Napansin ko na sumusobra na ang paglalagay niya ng kanin sa plato ko. I don't eat too much especially rice!