Chapter 23b Unity is Strength

"What do we do now? We know now that Denny was a major player in all this and he will disappear if he knew we are on to him." Anu declared. 

"He even knows how to hack phones." Abhir looked at Anisha apologetically, "I had him hack Anisha and her mom's phone so I could find a way to meet her." 

"I think someone ordered him to kill Neil. He is a techie but to pull something off this big. He definitely needed help and money," Sid commented.

Anisha gathered her thoughts, "Denny didn't want me to come to Dubai for Pihu's wedding. He knew what your plans were with Sid."

Abhir crossed his arms, "He basically didn't want you getting hurt in the crossfire between us." Siddharth and Abhir stared at each other in silence.

"Why can't we go to Mumbai and force him to confess? He might even tell us his partner's name," Anisha looked around for support.

"He is going to get suspicious if either one of us tries to reach out to him. He needs to contact us, he needs to think he is controlling the scenario," Sid advised.

"What if Denny finds out that my plan failed?" Abhir placed his hands on his hips like he had a plan. "What if we give him the crossfire he predicted?"

"I'm not sure what you mean," Sid frowned.

"I was supposed to come here and hurt you. What if we turn the tables?"

"You want Siddharth to hurt you?" Anisha shook her head in confusion. "No, I don't get this."

"If he injures me enough to make it to the news. Denny will read about it. He will try and reach out to her to see if she is okay."

"That might work!" Sid exclaimed.

"Wait, how is he supposed to get injured? Why can't we just pretend that he got injured?" Anisha seemed uncomfortable.

"If Denny has a partner, this person is going to be thorough. We need to make it as real as possible," Abhir evaluated. "Shoot me with that gun."

"Hold on wait! Have you both lost your mind?" Anisha tried to stop their silly plan but they just ignored her.

"Hmmm and I can throw the gun in the lake. We can tell the police that it was a robbery gone bad," Sid added.

"Have you shot a gun before?" Abhir asked Sid. He nodded.

Abhir joked, "Try not to break any bones." 

"Stop it!" Anisha stomped her feet not finding anything funny.

Abhir groaned in frustration. "Anisha! This is the only way to get to Denny."

Sid and Abhir discussed and repeated a foolproof storyline to tell the cops so they wouldn't catch on to their fabrication. Abhir confirmed that the garden area at the Mirage hotel didn't have any CCTV cameras, so there was no chance of anyone seeing the gun.

"Call the police first, we don't want him to bleed out in the middle of nowhere. We won't have much time after the call goes out," Siddharth passed her his phone.

"You will do fine, I promise. Just stick to the script," Anisha gulped. She didn't want to comply with this hideous plan.

Anu dialed the number and screamed convincingly that someone had shot Abhir. She described the park and area to the operator as instructed. The man on the call confirmed that an ambulance will be there in 10 minutes. Anu yelled at him to hurry. What she said later gave Anisha chills.

"Is he alive? Does he have a pulse?" The operator asked.

Anisha realized how serious this was going to get and how dangerous it was going to be for Abhir. "I...guess. He has a pulse," She shut her eyes anticipating the situation they were going to face in the next few minutes.