Chapter 12: Promises (Sid's POV)

"Any plans about popping the question?" Sahil whispered on the call.

"Anisha and I are taking things slow," Sid replied talking through his car's bluetooth. The traffic was crazy, it took him 20 minutes more than usual to reach Anisha's apartment.

"It's been over 6 months since the first time you guys met. Slow is an understatement." Sahil teased.

"Don't compare our timeline to yours. You guys went to Thailand for your first month anniversary!" Siddharth dismissed his friend's jabs. "We've never really spent that kind of time with each other...alone. This trip is going to be the first," Sid added sheepishly.

"Well, that's true brother. You're on the speaker by the way," Sahil warned Siddharth when he heard Charmi yelling in the background. Sahil gasped at her remarks.

"Charmi is forcing me to say this...Quote, Anisha needs some boom boom time before I have kids...End Quote," Sahil repeated his fiance's words under duress.

"Wait...what? Is Charmi asking me to have sex?" Sid gasped. "Hello? Did I lose you guys?... Hello?"

"Ya, I'm here," Charmi took over.

"Siddy, for everyone sake both of you need to get laid. Like seriously. Anisha is just going to dismiss the conversation but you guys have been together so long. What's the delay?"

"Did Anisha say something to you?"

"Oh Gosh, No! She is too shy, that's why I'm telling you. Don't hold your breath if you're waiting on some approval. Go get her tig..." Charmi's voice went blank for a second. He suspected Sahil had something to do with that.

"Ouch, why no? You're mean," Sid overheard Charmi grumbling at Sahil. "Sorry, bye Siddy."

"Sorry about my nosy fiancé here," Sahil apologized.

"It's cool man. She means well," Sid chuckled. "Anyway, how's the wedding preparations going on?" Sid recalled that their wedding date was set for early February which was less than two months away.

"Good good, we have a wedding planner taking care of most of the stuff!"

Sahil had planned for weeks for a perfect marriage proposal. He had arranged a party on Sid's yacht and invited all of their close friends and family to be a part of their special day. Anisha's birthday on the yacht was the first time they had declared their love for each other hence Sahil believed proposing on the boat would make the moment even more precious.

"Ok guys, let's talk later. I have asked Priya to book the van for you guys. Again, you're sure you don't want to ride a bike?"

"Yes, Charmi isn't so thrilled about tanning before the wedding. Will call you later... bye." Sahil confirmed.

"Bye." Siddharth smiled disconnecting the call.

Siddharth was in a perfect space, his new project was doing extremely well in India. Danish and dad were certainly impressed by the progress. He had made new friends that were wonderfully entertaining and had the most amazing girlfriend.

Sid, however, had not anticipated falling in love with the city of Mumbai especially as it held painful memories from his past. For the longest time, he struggled to visit the city because he'd associate it to his mom's death. Since he met Anisha, he only felt deep love and appreciation for the city because that is where he met her.

Anisha was a sweet girl and he felt like he didn't deserve her. Sid was growing and learning so much as a person being with her. Anisha even got him to organize a fundraiser for an old age home. They spent so much time around the city, exploring places and each other.