Chapter 9: Midnight car rides

Anisha gasped watching Sid and Natasha together, unfortunately, they had heard her. Of course, there was something going on between them, she is gorgeous!

She spun, sprinting back to the stairway but Sid was so quick, he grabbed her before she even reached the bottom.

"Anisha wait—why are you running?" Sid was trying to hold on to her arm, she winced because of the bruises.

Noticing her discomfort, he lifted her sleeve up to examine her arm. Anu protested but there was no way he was going to listen to her. His eyes went dark and jaw tightened just like it had at the deck when he had held Aman's collar. Anisha froze in place expecting another outburst.

"He hurt you?" Siddharth whispered gently. The darkness changing into something out of sorts. Maybe, he isn't as bad as Rithvik.

She tried to ignore the voices in her head because she was still livid about Natasha. He kissed her!

"Let go."Anisha pulled her arm away, this time he didn't revolt but just stood by. As she walked away, he didn't stop her.

She met Sahil and Charmi waiting outside. Sid had not followed her, so she took her bag and stepped off the boat with Sahil's help.

Walking down the pier, she turned back to look at the yacht for the last time; The boat she had spent her 25th birthday on.

Sahil and Charmi insisted on dropping Anisha home but she didn't want them to drive to the other side of town. Since they insisted, she let them drop her off at the station.

It was almost 9 pm, but the station still had a good number of commuters. When it was her turn at the ticket window, she asked the lady for a one-way ticket and started to look for her wallet in the bag.

Anisha panicked when she couldn't locate it and apologized to the lady for the delay. She stepped out of the queue still digging into her bag.

She debated about texting Charmi but decided against it because she knew Charmi would make Sahil drive back. Everyone had a long day.

Anisha used her phone to take an uber back to H2O as she was sure she had dropped it in the cabin. She was back at the private entrance of H2O and luckily the same guard from afternoon was there. He recognized her, letting her back in when she told him about the wallet.

"No problem, boss still there," he confirmed her worst fears.

She prayed that if she sneaked in quietly, she might get back out unnoticed. Anisha went straight to the cabin and tiptoed up the stairs, to the room. She scanned the room, the coffee table and then the sofa.

Dammit!

Anisha went down on her knees to peek below the sofa when she heard him clear his throat, "Looking for this?"

She rose to her feet slowly, dusting off any leftover pride. Anisha turned and saw her wallet in his hand, "Yup, that's mine."

She took it from his hands, thanking him for keeping it safe when he muttered, "I know we've had a long day but can we talk?"

"I've got work tomorrow so I need to get back home," she maintained.

"Let me drop you off. I was heading to Bandra anyway. In that case, we could talk and you will be home in time too?"

"Andheri will be off your route, but thank you for the offer," she retorted, starting to walk down the staircase.

"I insist, please."

Anisha looked around trying to find another excuse to avoid his company.

"Please, I really want to set the record straight," he added sincerely.