Chapter 4: The cookie crumbles

"Just step on this?" Anisha quizzed pointing at the wobbly steps.

Judging her hesitation he reassured that she was going to be fine. "Trust me," he added gently, offering his hand.

"Uhh—okay." Anu mumbled while taking the first step up, holding on to his hand. Sid gripped onto the side railing of the boat to keep his own balance.

As she took the second step, he secured his right hand on the small of her back for support. Perhaps at that very moment, the Mumbai heat, her heels, and the overwhelming feeling of Sid's arms around her caused Anisha's balance to falter.

She squeezed his hand in an attempt to stop herself from falling over. Sid spontaneously swept Anisha off her feet, carrying her over to the other side. He raised his Raybans, peering into her eyes.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sid tensed.

Anisha was startled by the sudden movements nonetheless by the warm colors of his eyes. It was the perfect blend of honey and caramel. Or Chocolate.

The thought of food made her stomach protest for the long hours she hadn't fed it. The rumble it emitted was probably heard across the Indian Ocean. She blushed, "Yes, sorry, I just need to eat something."

"Why don't you freshen up and I will fix you girls something to eat," Sid offered as held onto her hand.

"I think that's a great idea...I am dying here, Siddy." Charmi interrupted. She grabbed her friend's arm and dragged her inside the cabin area. Anisha gave Sid a last glance apologetically for having left so suddenly.

As they walked through the cabin doors, the air turned chilly. Anisha's eyes took a while to adjust to the stark dimness in the room as the tinted windows barely let natural light in. There was an aroma of fresh lemongrass throughout the cabin.

They ascended a stairway that took them to a huge bedroom. A beautiful painting on the adjacent wall caught Anisha's attention; It was a mother holding her child in her arms, looking down at the baby with all the love in the world.

Charmi walked over to a closed-door to open it, "Oh, the restroom is here."

Anisha slumped on the sofa. She lay back on the velvety headrest and shut her eyes, relaxing her body.

"I will freshen up. Why don't you go explore the yacht?" Charmi demanded with cackling at the end. Bravely displaying her ulterior motive.

Anisha chose to disregard her with a half-smile, enjoying the cushy sofa. She was in no mood to step out in the scorching Mumbai heat any time soon.

She heard Charmi walk into the restroom by shutting the door and turning the water faucet on. It was only a few minutes later that she heard Sid walk up the stairs cautiously.

"Ladies?" Sid chimed, before entering the room.

"Hi!" Anisha perked up. "Were you looking for Charmi?"

"You, actually. I just got some cold cuts for the time being," placing the food tray on the coffee table.

"You better get something to eat, I don't want my guests especially the birthday girl having fainting spells. What kind of a host would that make me?" He sniggered, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I appreciate you bringing this but that's a lot of food for the two of us," she laughed, staring at the tray. She looked up at him, a smile pasted on her face.

Sid smirked as he slowly moved backward, all the while holding her gaze, "You see, I offered food so you wouldn't gnaw your pens for lunch," he roared as he exited the cabin.