Chapter 3: The first meeting...

'H2O, Chowpatty. 2 Sharp!..:)' Anu replied okay with a smiley to splash her excitement. She scampered out of her office building to take a rickshaw to Bandra station.

Anisha requested an uber from Charni Road station to H2O, which turned out to be a water sports complex. She spotted Charmi waiting for her on the curb near the entrance. She was dressed in a cute blue romper and ankle boots.

Anisha immediately requested the driver to slow down. As she stepped out of the car, she heard Charmi's agitated voice.

"You're late missy. Do you know how hot it is?" Anisha smiled, hugging her annoyed best friend.

"I'm sorry." Anisha cooed.

Charmi bubbled over with wishes for her friend's birthday. She was super glad that Anisha had decided to show up without complaining.

They started to walk towards the main gate where she saw this huge queue near the ticket counter. Anisha prayed covertly that they weren't going parasailing.

She briefly pictured herself hanging over the water in her short red dress. It wasn't a pleasant sight.

"I'm really hoping we aren't doing something extreme," Anisha anxiously sighed. "Like water sports."

"Relax, Anu! Trust me. You think I'll ruin my dress with all that crap?" Charmi flung her thick brown hair as she walked.

Anisha's lips curled. That was true.

They walked past the crowd to a private entrance. As Charmi was talking to the security at the gate, Anisha was absorbing her surroundings. The gate led straight to a pier filled with sailboats.

Charmi handed the guard a business card and instantly his demeanour changed. "Please come right through, madamji," he went from being the grumpy cat to a professional concierge.

As both climbed onto the wooden pier, Anisha observed how exquisite the yachts were, one of them standing out.

It was massive compared to the others anchored there. The yacht had a huge cabin covered with dark glass, completely white in color. On its side, she read the words, 'Dream Weaver'.

Anisha started to catch on. She presumed that Charmi had gotten her folks to rent out one of the boats for a day.

The Singha's were one of the wealthiest families in Mumbai and lived in the vicinity. Renting a boat was probably a quick phone call for them.

The blazing summer heat wasn't being so kind to them. Anisha's blouse was clammy and she was squinting her eyes hard to avoid the glare of the sun.

As they approached the last yacht, her eyes seized a tall man wearing a plain white shirt, partially unbuttoned. The shirt was paired with a baggy beige trouser.

He was a vision, a treat to Anisha's eyes. The man walked around smoothly almost catlike with a toolbox firmly held his hand. He had shaggy hair, ends of which almost touched his neck. The guy's tanned skin looked almost goldlike against his white shirt.

With a well-toned body to go with his tall frame, she wondered if his height was over six feet. The mystery guy had aviators on, protecting his eyes from this harsh weather.

Staring is rude! Stop it...

When he noticed them approaching, he waved and strolled to the back of the yacht, jumping on top of the pier like a pro. 

Mr. boat guy went straight to Charmi with open arms to give her a hug. Their hug felt uncomfortably long while Anisha took a note of his toned arms around Charmi's little waist. What really caught her attention was the fact that he was ogling in her direction, a smile etched on his face.

She wasn't entirely sure if he was looking at her face or her sweaty clothes, but something about this guy beaming in her direction made her self-conscious; She had to look away.

Anisha peeked at him again wondering why she was getting so desirous over a man she had never met before. She cleared her throat to literally clear her thoughts, but that got their attention because Charmi half spun to face her.

"Charms, I am guessing this is the birthday girl you so desperately wanted me to meet?" He inched forward to take Anisha's hand.

Charms? Really?

Anisha instantly felt blood rush to her face. What had Charmi been talking about her?

"Hi, nice to finally meet you in person, Anisha," his sweet voice sending waves of emotions through her body. His deep accented voice sounded so familiar but she could not place where she had met him before.

Anisha shook his hand confidently. She looked over at Charmi, hoping to be introduced formally but her dear friend was still gawking at the man like he was freaking Lucifer, the bright star.

"Hi...Have we met before?" She probed still holding his hand. The dude stifled a laugh like she was telling him a joke. What is so funny?

Before Anisha even realized what he was up to, their guy had taken a step ahead to give her a hug. With her arms clumsily around his waist, Anisha knew instantly why Charmi wasn't letting go of him.

Mystery man smelled great like a beach, peppermint, and pomegranates. Heaven.

"Happy birthday... I'm Sid, by the way," he blabbered near her ears before giving her a lingering kiss on the cheek.

This is what you call birthday miracles...

That gesture left goosebumps throughout her body. Sid let go of her but she wasn't what had happened. Why he made her feel that way. He was an attractive man but so was Rithvik.

As he pivoted to talk to Charmi and assist her onto the yacht, she took a moment to compose herself. She had to quickly get over her little school girl crush on Sid. To survive the evening.

Anisha had met this guy a hot minute ago and she was already having all these vivid images form in her head. Her heart's pounding was a major red flag.

She had this profound notion that she had met him before but how could she have forgotten a handsome face like his?

Sid spun to face her again after Charmi had safely stepped onto the yacht. She was wiggling her eyebrows at Anisha behind his back. Real mature.

Anisha stood on the pier shifting her weight from one leg to another as he watched her keenly.

"Ready?" he asked gingerly.

Am I? What if he is like Rithvik?

It took her a second to gather what he meant by being ready. Anisha giggled nervously. When she watched him smile back at her with all that devilish charm, Anisha knew she was in big trouble.

That enigma came off as an upscale player. And, Anu had no place for another one of them in her life. Period.