Happily ever after

2 years later

"The fence is looking great, guys!" I call to Jordan and Kendric as they lift up a metal bar. "Thanks, Ellie!" Jordan calls back. I look back when I hear a high pitched voice call my name. "Hey there, Gia!" The little girl comes running to me and before I can stop her she jumps up and I can't do anything else but catch her. "Hey, careful. You're may still be a baby, but not the smallest of them." I could barely believe it when Sam told me she was pregnant. It was hard for her in the beginning, but after a while, she realised that the people that she lived with were there for her. Of course, it was also scary to have a kid running around without any kind of fence around the farm, so Everyone started working on it. We finished it last year, but yesterday one of the bears gave way and a small part collapsed. We didn't have the needed equipment so we had everyone take shifts to guard the fence. 

"Mowmy!" Gia yells as soon as we enter the main house. I put her down on the ground and she starts sprinting to her mother, who is working on a painting. "Watch out Gia, this paint is still wet!" Sam says with a big smile on her face as she boops Gia's nose, leaving red paint on her nose. "Do you know where Y/N is?" Sam looks away from her daughter. "Yeah, she is still in bed. But she's doing better." I nod and make my way up the stairs. Y/N's door is slightly opened. "Hey babe." I say as I step in and close the door behind me.  "Hey there Birck Master." She coughs in between words. I smile and sit down next to her. She rests her head on my shoulder and I take her hand. "Sam told me you're doing better?" Y/N nods. "Yeah, just my throat and a slight fever is all." I close my eyes and rest my head on hers. "I really hope you'll be able to go to Jackson with us." Y/N reaches for my cheek and turns my head to hers. "Of course I'll be able to go. It's in 4 days and I'm almost better." She snuggles closer to me and pulls the blanket over us. "But, for now, would you nap with me?" I Burry ourselves further under the blanket and slide my arm under her neck and around her shoulder. "Y/N turns so she can lay her head on my chest. "Your heartbeat calms me down." 

"I know it does."

4 days later

Hey Tommy, sorry we're so late but we had to find someone to keep an eye on Gia." I explain to Tommy as we're watching over the dancefloor. "It's fine, really. So, how is everyone holding up?" I take a sip of my beer and look at Y/N who is dancing with Kendric. "Y/N is a lot better, her fever has completely gone down and she barely has any pain in her throat anymore." Tommy smiles. "You should go dance with her, something tells me the next song is going to be a slow one." Tommy winks and takes my beer from my hands. "Come on." he says as he slightly nudges me. "Fine." I sigh.

"Could I steal her?" I ask Kendric when the song ends. "But of course." He pats my shoulder as he walks off. The next song starts and Tommy was right. I look at him with a sideways glance, but he doesn't notice. Y/N places her hands around my neck and I rest mine on her hips. "Remember, when we first saw each other here?" I smile and rest my head on her shoulder. "I remember I saw you looking at me, and pretended not to notice." I pull my head back up and look at her. "Wait, what?" Y/N laughs and kisses me. "Yeah, you were looking at me that day. I had been in Jackson for less than a few hours, but when I saw you I felt at home." She kisses me again and twirls me around. "It's like we're back on your birthday. The two of us, dancing."I look around and smile when I see old friends and new once enjoying themselves. "But no we're not alone." 

"I don't care." Y/N pulls me closer to her and kisses me again, longer and more passionate than before. When she pulls back she's slightly out of breath. "I love you." She says.

"I love you too."