Y/N's Fight

One hard punch to the face is enough to knock out the first guy that attacked me. The second person that showed up from behind him is a girl. She looks about two, maybe three years younger than me. She goes in for the first attack but with a simple step to the left, I am able to dodge it. She falls to the ground and looks back up at me. "Please don't kill me." My breath catches. "Go, now!'' I yell at her as I point to the gate. She scrambles back and gets up quickly. Without a second look at me, she runs to the gate and disappears. I'm about to turn back when someone hits me in the face. I stumble back and use the wall of the house to keep myself upright. I look up to see a man, twice the size of me, looking down at me. I smile confused and start running. He may be big but I'm fast. Before I know it, I've crossed the street and I'm behind the other house. I search for a way up and find a ladder. I quickly put it up against the roof of the house and climb it. When I'm up, I pull the ladder onto the roof. I crouch backwards, keeping myself small. The man is underneath me now. I'm about to jump down on him when he falls to the ground. There is an arrow in his head. I look up shocked and spot Joel not far from me. 

After I climbed down, I walked over to Joel. "Thank you." I say, out of breath. "We're not done yet." Joel is looking around the corner to the street. I peek past him and see more people, trying to sneak up on us. "We can't use guns. Thomas will hear us." I say as I step back. Joel holds up the bow to me. "You take this." He presses it my hands and let's go. As he is taking his quiver from his back, he turns back. "There's only a few. Can you get back on that roof?" I take the quiver from him and hang it over my back. I look up at the roof, where I see part of the ladder sticking out. Why did I leave that there? I take a quick look around the corner and spot an old desk. "I think so. Why?" Joel ushers me back behind the house. "You shoot from up there, while I take them on down here." I put the bow around my shoulder and walk to the desk. "Good luck." 

As I start climbing Joel makes his way to the side of the house. From the desk, I jump up and pull myself on the roof. I take the bow, pull an arrow from the quiver and signal to Joel that I'm ready to go. Joel nods to me and jumps out. One of the four men sees him and tells his friends to follow him. Three get close, one doesn't. I pull back the arrow and let it go. It lands in the man's shoulder. I quickly pull out another, while he is still on the ground. I pull it back, aim and fire. Headshot. One of the three left looks up at me. I quickly fire an arrow at him but it misses. He runs around the house to the back. Not much later I see his hands on the edge of the roof. He pulls himself up and stands in front of me. As I start to pull an arrow from the quiver he charges at me. I manage to get the arrow on the bow, but not fast enough to pull it back. The man tackles me and takes out a knife. 

He forces it down on my face, but I keep him away with my hands. My legs struggle under him as the knife gets closer and closer. "You're dead." He says, but I won't let him closer. "I'd like to differ." I say as I push my knees up. The man topples forward. Over the edge of the roof and down to the ground. I quickly turn over onto my belly and crawl forward. He lands on his neck and I can hear the snap. I look over the edge and see that Joel has just finished fighting off the last two. First, he looks down at the body that just tumbled down from the roof, then he looks at me. I give him a dry smile and a thumbs-up.

And at that moment, I hear a gunshot.