Y/N

My eyes flicker open. I have no idea where I am. I look to my side. There's a girl on a chair next to a boy, she's crying. "I left her there, I left her as If she meant nothing to me." She sniffs. "Where did you leave her?" The boy asks as he kisses her head. Is he her boyfriend "In the woods, after we found each other. I left her there and never came back." At first, I wasn't sure but now I am, that is Y/N. I shift to her and fully open my eyes. "Y/N?" She looks up, her eyes stained red. "Y/N!" I say louder this time. I try to get up but my head is overwhelmed by pain. I sit back down, dizzily. Y/N gets up and sits next to me. She smiles tightly. I look her up and down. I can't believe this, it's really her. The girl I love. She's just as beautiful as she was when I last saw her. Even more beautiful because of the clean skin. No cuts, bruises or mud anywhere to be found. I raise my hand to her cheek. My thumbs touch it and I smile. I wrap my arm around her and snuggle closer. "I missed you." Y/N takes my hand as she pulls back and gives it a squeeze. "I missed you too." Her eyes start watering again. I look around me. I was with Dina. "I was with another girl," I say as I try to stand up. "Yeah, she's still passed out. She's upstairs, I'll take you." She helps me stand straight and walks me to the stairs. It's a long way up, so I grab onto the railing and start walking.

Upstairs, Y/N opens the door for me. There she is. She's laying still, except for her chest, which is slowly rising and falling. I step to the bed, taking a chair from the side of the room and placing it next to the bed. "How long ago was it, that we were drugged?" I ask as I take her hand. "About two hours ago, she'll wake up soon." I look back at Y/N. Her eyes are resting on me. I don't think she's noticing, but it seems like she's looking at my lips. "Y/N, I think it's best to just tell you this immediately, but Dina and I," I point at Dina as I say her name. "We, uhm, we're kinda a thing. I think." It's hard to say to someone you still love. Someone you'd kill and die for. She smiles, but I can see its fake. "It's OK." She pulls another chair closer and sits down next to me. "She seems wonderful." I look at Dina. At the slight raise in the bridge of her nose. The freckles scattered across her face. She is indeed wonderful. But, do I like her the same way I like Y/N? Will it ever be the same? Dina shifts in her bed. She opens her eyes and looks directly at me. She smiles and sits up. "Careful," I say when she scrambles back in the bed to sit against the wall. "Where am I?" She asks. "You're safe. We're with a..." I stop and look at Y/N. "An old friend of mine." I look back once again, to see that Y/N face has slightly fallen. "What happened?" She yawns. "One of the girls I live with told us to go get you. But Leo, a friend of mine, recognized Ellie and warned me." Y/N explains. "So now they know you're not a threat." Dina scoffs and gets off the bed. "We're still a threat, just not to you." She offers me her hand and pulls me up when I take it. "We should get going." Y/N gets up from her chair and follows after us quickly. "You have to rest, the gas is still in your system."

"I'll rest on my horse." Dina pulls me down the stairs, Y/N following after us. "Then at least take some food!" She calls just before Dina pulls me through the front door. I stop and pull my hand from hers. "Dina, I agree with Y/N on this one. We need the food." She sighs deeply and turns back to me. "Fine." Y/N smiles. It's the same as it used to be, honest and kind. Dina sits down on one of the fluffy old chairs. I follow Y/N to the kitchen. "It was nice seeing you again." She says after a long silence. "Yeah, it was." I really want to tell her I don't want to leave. That I want to stay with her. But I can't leave Dina. Not after our kiss. Y/N takes two cans of beans from a cupboard and hands me them. "You better make it back home safely." She says as she packs a bag with some bandages. "I better do," I mumble, looking down at my shoes. Y/N hands me the bag without meeting my eyes. But I do look at hers. Her beautiful E/C eyes. I stare at her for a second and then, she looks up, finally meeting my eyes. I can't stop myself and pull her in a tight hug. She giggles and hugs me back. "Goodbye." She says with her face a few inches from mine. I want to kiss her, so bad. But I'm too late. Y/N pulls away and only holds my hand. She gives it a squeeze and then let's go. "Leo is working by the stable. He can help you with your horses." She turns away from me. I open my mouth to talk but I decide not to and walk away. "You ready?" I ask Dina. She has her legs swung over the side of the chair and is fiddling with her hair. "Yeah." She flings of the chair and takes the bag from me. "I'll take that." I laugh out loud and look back to see that Y/N is gone.