Thomas

"Bet you were looking for your friend, huh?" One of the guys pushes me forward. I don't answer him. "I asked you a question!" He turns me around to him. His breath reeks of decay and alcohol and his hand is squeezing so hard around my wrist that it feels like he's trying to break it off. "Why the fuck would I answer you?" I say looking up at his face. He has long, greasy black hair and some dried up blood sticking to the side of his face. His shirt and vest are shredded and his jeans are cut up to just below the knee. there are scares and bitemarks scattered across his legs. Who the fuck bit you there?  I ask myself. He yanks at my arm and pushes me forward. "I'm gonna do some fun things to you when we're back."

"Shit, fuck. Joel is gonna kill me!" I'm crying.  I can't believe I lost her again. With Ellie's horse next to me, it feels like she's still here. "Fuck." I say aloud again. I pull at the reigns at stop in the middle of the road. I pull the reings to the right and turn around. This is stupid, I know it. I just can't leave her like that. Going back to Tommy's would take to long, the tracks could be erased or  it could snow again. I rush through the forst, getting back to the place where Ellie was taken. 

When I reach the spot I pull at the reigns hard, almost slipping. I jump off and tie Arthur and Ellie's horse to a tree. "I'll be back for you two." I say patting their noses. I pull my bag with weapons and clothes off the saddle and swing it over my shoulder. I take my handpistol from the holster tied to the saddle and Hold it tight. "Im coming for you." I whisper as I start running through the white forrest, following the tracks Ellie left. 

"Where are you from?" The man that is looking at me from another chair looks familiar. I don't know what I recognize him from, but I do. He stands up and comes out of the shadow. He looms over me and leans down. He rests his hands on the armholds of the chair I'm tied to. I look away from him. His crooked smile makes him even more familiar. He takes my chin in his hand and turns my face to him. "Last time I ask. Where are you from?" I pull my face from his hand and spit in his face. "I'm not telling you shit!" I call out, keeping my face back. "Let's start from the beginning." The man says as he wipes his face clean with a cloth he was handed. "I'm Thomas." He cuts lose one of the ropes around my hand and shakes it. I look at his face. "And you are?" he asks as he pulls his chair close and sits down to be at the same level as me. "Ellie." I say as I massage my hand. Thomas looks back at the man standing in the corner of the room. Thomas gets up, balls his fist and swings it through the air. It hits me so hard in the nose that it starts bleeding. "Thomas!" The man calls as he hurries to us and pulls Thomas back. "That little bitch killed my brother!" He yells at me as he is pulled out of the room. The door slams close with a hard bang. I hold my nose with my free hand and spit out some blood that got in my mouth. I'm still confused by what happened when I realise that one of my hands is free. I start fumbling at the rope that ties my other hand to the chair and manage to get it off. I bow down, still holding my nose with one hand and start pulling at the ropes around my legs. They give in and I pull them away. I get up and walk to the door. The bleeding of my nose is slowly getting less and when I open the door to peek through, no one is there. I walk around to the front of the house I was in and wait behind the fence surrounding the porch. 

I walk down some dark stairs with my pistol raised. This is the only building I haven't checked. If Dina isn't here, I don't know what else to do. I shine my flashlight at the floor. There's blood, and it's fresh. I carefully open the door and peek through.I rush in when I see Dina, a man next to her. I aim my gun but before I can fire someone rams into me from the side and grabs my gun.