*Extra's* (SPOILERS!)

This is how I first wanted Ellie to tell her story about David, but I thought that maybe you wouldn't like it so long because the story is pretty well known. Amongst The Last Of Us fans at least. You can read it below if you want. 

"When I was younger, I was supposed to go to the fireflies. On our way there I got taken by some group. Their leader was David. In the beginning, he seemed fine and just wanted to take care of his community." Y/N squeezes my hand a bit. "I was out hunting when he found the deer I shot. He told me he could get me medicine for Joel. Who was severely injured. David sent his friend to get the deer back to his village and to get me my medicine." Y/N shifts when she hears what I said. "We got attack by Infected, and after he told me that a few of his men were killed by a crazy man and a little girl. I knew he was talking about us, so I got up and held him under shot. David's friend came back with the medicine and gave it to me, I got out as fast as I could."

Something creaks in the hallway. Y/N wants to get up, but I stop her. "If there was anybody, Joel would've told us." Y/N sighs and sits back down.

"The next day, they showed up in the abandoned town Joel and I were hiding in. My only chance to keep Joel safe was to distract them, so I did. I got on my horse and rode away, David and his men followed me, like I wanted them to." I cross my legs under my body and take a deep breath. "I found a house and took shelter there, but they got inside too. I killed most of them, but when I tried to get out David grabbed me and choked me until I was knocked out." Y/N gasps a bit. The further I get with the story, the more I regret telling her. She'll think so differently about me. "I woke up in a cage. I saw them cutting up human bodies. He tried to reason with me, get me to be on his side. I didn't listen. He reset his hand mine and when I had the chance, I Broke his finger. I snatched the keys from his belt, but he pulled me against the door again and again until I dropped the keys. Not much later he left me." Y/N sits closer to me. She looks up at me, and I can tell she wants me to continue.

"The next day, His friend woke me up by pulling me out of the cage and dragging me over to the table where they were cutting up humans the day before. I struggled against them and managed to bite in David's hand. They tried to cut me up, but before they did I told them I was infected, and that David was too now. At first, they didn't believe me, but when they checked my arm, they retreated from the table. I got out by slicing open the neck of David's friend." I look at my arm, where part of the bite was visible. I let my fingers slide over it. "I roamed around in the town, trying to find a way out. I had to kill a lot of people to find my way through the town. I need up in some kind of restaurant, but David had found me by then. I sneaked around, trying to get him dead. But he was stronger. He got me down to the ground but I found a machete and mashed down on him. Again and again, until Joel found me and pulled me off."

The next part was one of the options for Joel's burial/ cremation scene.

The sparks from the fire are so bright that I can't stop looking at them. Y/N is standing just behind me, her hand resting between my shoulder blades. I can see that she's trying not to tremble, but I can still feel her hand slightly moving against my back. I'm able to pull my gaze away from the fire when I feel a hand reaching for mine. At first, I think it's Y/N, but when I look down I see a man's hand. I let my gaze shift up and see that it is Tommy. He has his eyes closed, but a tear still manages to escape from the closed eyelids. I step closer to him and squeeze his hand lightly. I look at the circle of people surrounding the fire. So many people I don't know showed up. It's weird to see them all. Of course, Casper and Catherine are here, but almost all of the other people probably didn't even know him that well.