Chapter Fourteen

Can paced the floor, waiting for the flight, it had been three hours since he had called Metin and sent all the information. He knew his friend would do everything possible to find her, of that he no doubt. He had his ways, and Can was thankful of that. The flight was called, and he hurried to the gate. The quicker he could get there to help Metin the faster he could get his hands of Taner. And the thought of that brought a satisfaction that fulfilled him, he could kill him with his bare hands, and never think twice. Such a waste of life, he didn't deserve to live, he would make sure he was locked up for the rest of his life.

His flight would take 3 hours and 22 minutes, a lot could happen in that length of time, he prayed it wouldn't. Not hearing from Metin had him stressed, but he hated to call and interrupt  his investigation. The flight was an hour in when he got a text from Metin, " Brother, you said his name was Taner Yilmaz right? "  Can replied, " Yes, have you found anything, I'm on the plane now, but won't land for another couple hours." He sent.  " There's a lead, I've got a couple of officers with me, and we will check it out. Don't worry, I'll find her"....Metin replied. Can closed his eyes willing the tears away, but he couldn't do anything about the knife that was lodged deep in his heart, causing the deepest pain he had ever felt. 

Taner sat by the bed, staring at her. So beautiful and innocent, his Sanem, She took his breath away. He laid down beside her, stroking her hair ever so gently. He wanted her more than anything, he wasn't sure if he could wait until their ceremony, as he snuggled up closely to her breathing in the smell that was so undeniably Sanem. She would soon wake up and he would show her the spectacular surprise he had for her, although she was sleeping much longer than he had anticipated he knew it shouldn't be much longer now. His phone rang breaking the spell he was in, " Hello Ceyda, what can I do for you, I don't want to hear how crazy I am either. You wanted this just as much as I did.  Ceyda shouted, " Taner I never expected you to do this, you were just to distract her, make here forget all about Can, so I could make my move." And yes I will call you crazy." She screamed. " Can is on his way back, so if he finds you, your life is over." You better move to another place." She warned. Taner was concerned, " Maybe she was right,"  but where would he go, and they hadn't had their ceremony yet, and all the festivities were planned for there."  He mind was darting about trying to think of another place. All she needed really, was her dress, that's all that mattered. 

Metin had checked for all cabins or cottages that were owned on the lake, they had hit a dead end. On of the officers remembered another lake a little further out of town. It was small, and a little hard to get to, so they decide to check it out. The property owners had listed their properties at the court houses so Metin contracted his friend that worked there and he was checking them out. Trying to match the names to the place, it would take a while. After about 45 minutes his friend called him back, " Metin, I have a match of surnames, but not of first names, on a property off the old road leading to Valide Sultan Pond." It s registered to Mustafa Yilmaz, but it seems he Is deceased. It's a bit out of the way, and no one has lived there for years. Metin was overjoyed, this the break he was looking for. He had also sent a detective to the agency to search her office for anything that could point them towards Taner. Someone had found her purse and phone abandoned at the pier, and had brought to the station. They were going through her texts and phone calls as well. 

With the text and calls from Taner that was on her phone there was enough to strengthen the search for her. Metin really had some help now. They had turned up the note that Taner had sent to Sanem, and she stashed away in her desk. Another damaging piece of evidence against Taner. The whole office was in shock, and afraid for Sanem and Can. Taner didn't seem that type of person, but his attention of Sanem did bring alarm. Metin chose not to relay every piece of information to Can, he knew his friend all to well. He knew he was already planning the death of Taner Yilmaz, and it wouldn't be pretty. The less he knew right now, the better. They were going to check out the cottage on the pond, and hopefully it would be a success. 

Taner was loading the necessities into his car, along with some of the white roses that had adorned the cottage. He still was not sure where they would go, but there was a possibility they would find them there, so moving was the only option. Sanem had been out for hours, much too long. The sedative in the tea had done a number on her, but at least it was less time he had to fight with her, and convince her that he was her life now. He sat down to look at the map, "Which way should we go," he said out loud. They may have the main road blocked so I'll have to take the backroad out." He said. Sanem listened, keeping her eyes closed tightly, she would fake her sleeping as long as possible. Maybe he would reveal his plan without even knowing it.  " Ok, I think I can make it out this way, " he stated. " Ok then, let's get going." He took one last look around at the beautifully decorated cottage, " Well this didn't work, so move on to plan B. He bent down and picked up Sanem, he gently carried her out to the car, as he tried to open the door four policemen and Metin, emerged from the woods, ordering him to raise his hands. With guns drawn, Taner knew this plan was over. They were yelling at him, " Sir put her down, please lay her on the ground and step away, raise your hands.  Do it now, put her on the ground, "  Taner laid her on the ground and stepped back, raising his hands about his head. Mass chaos broke out as the officers rushed in, taking Taner into custody. Metin hurried over kneeling down next to Sanem, she opened her eyes, " Metin how did you find me." She asked, her voice weak and raspy. She reached for him, wrapping her arms around his neck and sobbing.

" Ah, my friend. I'm so glad your ok, Can's on his way, He begged me to find you." And I'm so glad I did.....