Chapter Five

He had to be the most perfect man, and she was the luckiest woman around. She loved him more than life itself. Full of excitement, she threw her arms around his neck and planted a big kiss right on the lips. The kiss took him by surprise, sparking a flame inside him. Sanem pulled away, slightly embarrassed at her actions, " Thank you Can for the time off." She said, looking into his eyes. Cans intense look made her shiver, as she looked into his eyes seeing that look of longing in his eyes, a look that went deep into her heart. It stopped her in her tracks, his desire for her was clear and it took her breath away. He leaned in close with his lips sliding along her jaw line, he whispered, " Sanem, you have no idea what you do to me, I don't know if I can wait for our wedding to make you mine. He let his lips travel gently along and down her neck as he breathed in that aroma that was distinctively hers. Her skin was warm and tasted salty as he gently moved her hair from her shoulder. She moaned, with every inch of her body shivering and on fire at the same time. He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and slid her down the sofa. He leaned over her, letting his lips find hers. Their kiss quickly Intensified as he felt the heat rising inside him. She seemed to be gasping for air as felt her own desire start to build. Within a mere 10 seconds, he had taken her from a happy girl, thanking him for the day off, to a heated woman, full of want, desire and breathless from his kisses. 

 But of course, as always there has to be a problem, and along came that tap on the door. Can continued on ignoring the knock on the door. Sanem tried to calm herself, " Can, the door." She whispered. He was unfazed by her statement, " CAN, stop,"  she whispered louder. He stopped and looked around as he came to his senses.  " Yes, what it is." Can asked, his voice sounding agitated.  CeyCey spoke softly but in a nervous tone, " Mr. Can, I have the file you requested from Ms. Deren, uh, uh, I'm, uh, going to, uh, leave it just outside the door. Thank you Canbye, it's right here by the door, on the flo...."    Can took a deep breath, " CeyCey, ok just leave it, it's fine." He interrupted. Sanem laid there silent, almost holding her breath, until he walked away. They both busted out in laughter, " Can, we have to quite doing this here,"  We're going to get caught."  Can smiled, his eyes soft and dreamy looking, " Oh, I don't think so, I might just have to put a lock on the door."  He said, biting his bottom lip as his eyes traveled down her body. She slapped him playfully on the arm and sat up on the sofa, straightening her hair and wiping the tiny beads of sweat that had popped out on her top lip. 

It was so unbecoming for a woman to sweat, but this man could make the snow melt from the highest peaks in the world. He leaned back on the sofa to catch his breath, he really enjoyed these little tea time breaks, they seemed to be getting very interesting. He smiled with the thoughts replaying in his mind. Sanem could see his amusement with the situation, " Can are you going to get the file," she asked. " No, not right now, I'll give everybody time to get back to their desks," He smirked. She shook her head in disbelief, he had no shame, she thought. They finished their tea, and she scooted over to give him a hug, before leaving. He wrapped her up again asking, " Whoa, where do you think you're going, I don't think your break is over yet." He said, moving in for another kiss. " Can I need to finish up before time to go. " she explained. She smiled, " Why don't you come home with me for dinner tonight, mom would be so happy." Ok, it's settled, be ready in 15 minutes ok?"  He couldn't refuse her anything, and besides he loved her moms cooking. " Ok, it's a date." He confirmed, as she walked out the door, sliding the file in his door with her foot. 

She phoned her mother to let her know that Can was coming for dinner, Mevkibe was elated, she loved to feed him. He loved everything she cooked and praised her highly for it. There wasn't a better feeling in the world for her. Can held a special place in her heart, she felt this need to except him as he was, and protect him from his loneliness. How he had grown into the man he was without the love a mother, the guidance of the heart that gave him life was hard to understand. But he was a warm and sincere man, full of compassion and love, of which he had found on his own. Her daughter had captured a heart of gold and and Mevkibe couldn't have been happier. " Yes. Sanem, bring Can home with you, we have plenty." He is always welcome here, and we can discuss the wedding while he's here." She exclaimed with excitement. " Oh, by the way, a beautiful bouquet of flowers came for you a bit ago, I presume from Can?"  Her mother said.  " I wonder why he sent them here," she asked. " But they are beautiful, pink and yellow roses." A strange combination, but still beautiful." She stated. 

Sanem swallowed hard, and she was glad the Can wasn't  beside her right now, " Did you say pink and yellow roses?" She asked. " Was there a card?" Mevkibe was searching through the flower bouquet for a card, " Yes, here's one,....oh, Sanem, I don't think these are from Can."  " Mom what does the card say," she quizzed nervously.  Mevkibe recited the card to her over the phone, " I'm so lonely without you here, I miss you"......" Sanem there's no name, who are they from." She asked with concern. Sanem knew exactly who had sent them, " Mom just throw them away, do it now before we get there. They are from Taner, and it will upset Can if he sees them." Her mother reacted quickly, disposing of the flowers, burying them deep into the trash basket, and feeling a slight twinge of fear for some reason. Why was he sending her daughter flowers, and with that kind of statement attached. " I will tell you later, just don't ask any questions in front of Can, ok." She begged. Mevkibe agreed, but that protecting instinct swept over her, she felt her daughter was in harms way, but why. 

Being at Sanems home was always heart lifting for him. Their love as a family touched him, filling the empty spot in his soul that had been with him since he was 10 years old. He finally had a place that made him feel safe. In all of his travels, around the world, he never considered "safe" as a need of his, but being a part of them had made his heart see what the life of loneliness could do to a person. 

" Loneliness had no place now,....she had turned his heart of sadness into a heart of desire and hope." He felt his life was just beginning.............