"I'm sorry, but no. We haven't visited the villages in a while. This has to be done today, we can grab some food at the tavern." The King responded, leaving the ballroom.

    "I'm sorry Emma..." Snow said, placing a hand on her daughter's arm. "Why don't you two join us?" She asked.

    "Maybe I should stay behind..." Killian said, not wanting to cause any more tension between him and Emma's father.

    "Nonsense! I'm sure the kids would love to meet a real-life pirate." Snow interjected.

    "It's true, since you've come to Mistaken our woodcarvers have been busy making toy swords. And a young boy named Henry would love to meet you, I just know it!" Emma added, trying to persuade him.

"Well if you insist." Killian responded with a weary smile.

Shortly after the conversation they all met in front of the castle, a carriage waiting for them. David was not too found that the Captain would be joining them on their journey, this was usually a family affair. However, Snow didn't mind and Emma was more than glad to share a part of her life with him... The ride there was mainly just Emma and Snow talking, Killian said only a few things while David remained silent with his arms crossed and a straight face.

Once they arrived into the village a smile appeared on the villager's faces. The whole Kingdom loved the royal family. The children especially loved Princess Emma, who was marvelous with kids. Killian watched as Emma played with the young girls who ran their fingers all through her dress and hair, messing it up. Emma didn't mind one bit. The young boys doted over her, knowing she was a prize. Many of them brought her drinks and told their tales of how brave they could be and one day they would serve as her knights. Killian mainly hung around the carriage, not sure if he was entirely accepted into the Kingdom yet, but he watched from a distance. The King and Queen went in and out of shops seeing how business was doing and if they needed anything... All was well within the kingdom.

Soon enough they were off once again, heading to the tavern that was on the outskirts of the kingdom. The tavern was the place travelers went to first. There was a nearby stable where travelers could borrow or buy horses. It was the closest business to the castle, allowing the King and Queen to always see when newcomers were arriving and allowing them to reach port quickly if needed...

    "I hope Henry is doing alright..." Emma said quietly, breaking the silence in the carriage.

    "I'm sure he's doing just fine, Geppetto always keeps an eye on him." Snow said with a reassuring smile.

    "Who's Henry?" Killian asked.

    "A young man. He traveled here on a ship when he was just a boy, exiled from another kingdom." Emma started.

    "Exiled?" Killian questioned.

    "From the Southern Isles, an awful Kingdom really. You'll probably hear all about it once you go to Arendelle." Snow interjected.

    "He claims to have come from another realm, saying a battle like no one has ever seen will come and only a savior can save us all." Emma added.

    "And since he heard Emma has magic now, he thinks she's the savior." David said, finally participating in the conversations.

    "You believe him?" Killian asked.

    "Heavens no." Emma said with a laugh. "Mother and father wanted to send him off to another kingdom fearing he would scare the people of Misthaven, but I begged them to let him stay." She continued on.

    "Of course you would darling, you're just too kind." Killian said, stretching his arm around Emma's shoulder.

    "He's just a boy, who knows what he's been through." She said, laying her head on Killian's shoulder.

After a long carriage ride, they arrived at the tavern. Henry was just outside sweeping away some fallen leaves from the entrance. He stopped once he saw the royal carriage and ran up to it like a little child.

    "Princess Emma!" Henry beamed with happiness.

    "Always a pleasure." She said with a curtsy.

    "How is my boy doing?" David said, giving him a hug.

    "I'm great! Geppetto is going to teach me how to wood carve soon so I can help him make more toy swords!" He responded with a smile.

    "Well we brought someone who we thought you'd like to meet." Snow said with a smile, referring to Killian who was still making his way slowly out of the carriage.

    "Killian Jones... Captain of the finest ship in all the realms..." Henry said with wide eyes in admirations. He ran up to Killian invading his personal space. "Are the tales true? You travel wherever you want whenever you want?" He asked excitedly.

    "Aye..." Killian responded uncomfortably, unsure of how to handle a child.

    "Henry, why don't you give him some space." Emma laughed, feeling some tension.

    "Ok, I'm sorry." He said quickly, but still eager.

    "Are the tales of you true? You've traveled to other realms?" Killian asked, feeling he owed the boy a conversation.

    "Oh yes. You can only get there by magic beans" Henry responded. "Many people don't believe me.." He continued on growing sad.

    "Well, I've traveled to many places and heard of many other realms. I believe you lad." Killian said, nudging Henry, making him smile.

Emma smiled watching Killian talk to Henry. Who would have thought a fearsome pirate knew how to make an estranged boy feel like his tales could be real.

    "Have you eaten today Henry?" The King asked.

    "Well... I haven't gotten enough coins for my meal yet." He said looking down, "But after I finish sweeping and feeding the horses I'll get my money." He said quickly, not wanting to show his struggles.

    "Well I'm starved and I'm just dying to hear some tavern gossip." Snow said while placing a hand on Henry's shoulder leading him into the tavern for a well-deserved meal.

Killian and David followed behind ready to eat. Emma stood back and watched them walk away, lost in her own thoughts. She hated the idea of such a young boy working multiple jobs all day to only get one meal, and that was only if he could accomplish all his tasks. She knew no one else in the Kingdom worked as much as Henry did, nor was anyone treated as poorly as Henry was. Sure his tales were nothing more than just an overactive boy's imagination, but that didn't make it okay for him to be treated as a slave. It was time for a change.

Just to clarify, Emma will not become a savior and fight a battle. I just thought it would be a good way to introduce Henry into the story- Giving him the same kind of vibes as Henry from season 1 of OUAT.

As always leave comments, suggestions, anything! :)

Thank you for your continuous support!