003

[ author's note: might be long since i'm also including the whole scouting of the other section to class a and shizz ]

[ thoughts ; dialogue

[ kyouka izumi ] 

I yawned as I laid my head between my arms as soon as I got in the classroom. The others were talking about the incident in USJ as it was just broadcasted for the whole of Japan to see. 

"Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!" Iida yelled out as he went to the front and I sighed to myself. That boy would not shut up won't he? 

"We're already in our seats. You're the only one who's not." Kaminari said and Iida went back to his seat as he cursed himself. 

Then Aizawa went inside the classroom then proceeded to talk about the Sports Festival once again only with specifics as I was not here when they talked about it. 

"Don't forget to train hard for the Sports festival. Despite being just attacked by villains, the school has decided to continue it for the reason that it shows how strong our support system is." Aizawa-sensei said and I raised my eyebrow. 

"Is the sports festival that grand for the school to hold it with that kind of reason? It's just a sports festival though?" I said out loud and everyone looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Kyouka-chan, you haven't seen the UA sports festival?" Midoriya asked who was behind me. 

"Like I said, it's just a sports festival, isn't it?" I asked, slowly as I keep track of the reactions of the people behind me. 

"The UA sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know with the reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of the Olympics is the UA sports festival!" Aizawa-sensei explained and I noticed that everyone was looking at me. 

"Is that it?" I said which shocked the whole class even Aizawa-sensei himself. 

"Oi, don't you know how big of a deal it is?" Bakugou said and looked at me sideways. 

"Yeah I'm aware. You did say that it was one of the biggest events in Japan which means everyone will be watching, explanatory considering that this school is a national high school and one of the top high schools to offer the hero course. Pro-Heroes, ordinary people and even the younger generation before us, that's how big of a deal is it, right Bakugou-san?" I said and he scoffed. 

"Since all the top pro-heroes in the country will also be watching, this is chance for us to be scouted!" Yaoyorozu said behind me and I tilted my head, humming. 

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. Once a year, total of just three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations!" Aizawa-sensei finished and dismissed homeroom. 

"Yes, sir!" 

~~~

[ lunch time ] 

"Even though all that stuff happened, I'm getting really excited!" I heard Kirishima yell out from the back. 

I hung out with Asui-san and Uraraka-san along with Iida-kun and Midoriya-kun. I was also friends with the others but for some reason they just made me comfortable here.