60. Lunch with an Apology

Cohen

I know I don't have that much time till I really need to get everything ready for Ev's surprise in two days. Luckily something came up with Avery that she had to push the party from Saturday to Sunday, buying me a little more time.

The anxiety I have today is through the roof. I still have yet to get the ring which I pray my mom will approve of me having when I sit down for lunch with her today. Once I have that the rest of my surprise will hopefully go smoothly. I pray.

I've been on the phone all morning changing the time and day for what I have planned. Luckily Ev headed over to Avery's this morning to work on more of the party planning. She really has no idea the whole event is for her and I find it kind of hilarious. Every time she gets off the phone with her sister and Avery she mops that she has always wanted a big birthday and she feels like this every year when it's her own birthday. I guess even as an event planner it's hard seeing and planning for others when she haven't been able to celebrate her own. But little does she know this year has changed.

I can't wait to see how surprised she is when she realizes it's for and how much she deserves to have everyone who loves and appreciates her in one room.

By the time I finally get off the phone I have just enough time to change and head to the restaurant. I send Liam a quick text filling him in on the lunch. He gives me a thumbs up emoji in response. He really is a man of very few words.

As I put on my jacket and grab my keys I can feel the anxiety getting stronger. I already know my father doesn't like Everly but my mom did take a liking to her last night. She seemed like her old self again just a little. She usually never carries on a conversation with someone unless it's about business or one of her many friends that she gossips with. With Ev last night she seemed genuinely interested in her and I using that as a good sign. I'm praying on it.

I know I can afford to buy Ev her dream ring if I have to. There's no problem there but my girl is more then about the size, cost or carat of a ring. She's sentimental and loves anything with a meaning behind it. That is why my grandmother's ring would be perfect on her finger. It would mean everything to me to slide it on to her finger and see the woman I adore wearing it.

As I pull up to the restaurant in downtown I see it's more on the fancier side. I'm not completely surprised since my mother does have an expensive taste in everything she does.

I pull up to the valet stepping down From my truck. I hear a gasp as I turn around. A teenage kid that's merely half my size is standing at the front of my truck. His eyes are enlarged as he stares at me . He looks awestruck and his lips are parted like a fish.

I close my door behind me and walk just a few inches forward to stand in front of the kid. I swear he hasn't blinked or moved since I got out the truck and not a peep has come out of his mouth. I find it pretty funny and can't help but chuckle.

I look him up and down and notice the small golden name tag pinned onto his vest. I guess I can have a little fun before going in to the restaurant.

"You okay Bradley? You don't look to well." I ask him. His mouth drops wide open and his eyes get even larger if it's possible at this point.

"You... you know my name?" He gasps.

I nod my head still having a little more fun with him.

"How? You're Cohen Matthews, Q.B of the Seahawks! How can you possibly know my name?!" He blurts out.

I try my hardest to not laugh but it's failing. The poor kid really believes me.

"Yeah that's definitely me man, on my driver's license and everything too." I crack a smile.