"I'm not being weird"

Lamar chuckled softly;

"Yeah you are"

"No, I'm not"

I then felt the tip of his fingers lightly tilt my head up from beneath my chin. His eyes immediately took me by surprise and left me in a hypnotic state. My heart began to beat excessively and I fought tooth and nail to make sure I didn't immediately start ratting myself out and possibly ending this beautiful relationship from sprouting.

"Then why ain't you looked me in my eyes this whole time?"

BECAUSE OF SEBASTIAN! him and his stupid prom-posal! And I don't want you to think there's something going on! Because I told you not to worry about him!

"Because.. I...had pink eye and Ion know if its still there— and I don't want you to think I'm gross"

Lamar smiled genuinely before shaking his head at my response.

"Now why would I think you're gross bruh?, you trippin foreal.."

He let out a chuckle, making me bite my lower lip to stop from smiling at his beautiful voice.

"You know I missed you right?"

He added, making my cheeks heat up and my coochie vibrate. My eyes then shifted downward towards his full lips, making me wanna kiss him right then and there. I even forgot what was making me all worked up before.

"I missed you too.."

I said dreamily, making him rub his thumb up and down my hot cheek. That gesture made me hum in joy at the feel of his palm against my face.

"I also wanted to talk about the dance"

The soft music in my head stopped and my chest tightened.

Oh..now I remember why I was worked up.

"Oh yeah that, oh I don't really like dances, I mean I was planning on staying at home and finishing that script for the play so yeah..Ion think imma be available and I don't think I can be convinced either"

I screamed internally but forced a tight grin while watching his eyes examine me for a second.

"Oh ight..well that's good on my part because I wasn't gonna be available on that day too"

The tightness in my chest softened, but I still felt that slight pain linger from within. I mean, what if Sebastian hadn't ask me to the dance? I wasn't gonna go with Lamar at the end of the day either.

"Oh?.."

Lamar nodded, finally dropping his gaze to look elsewhere.

"Yeah, my dad is forcing me to go visit an old uncle of mine I ain't talked to in years..sumn bout him bein sick and shit"

It was my turn to nod;

"I'm sorry to hear.."

"Nah iss ight, ion even know that nigga..but its my dads brother so I gotta show some support"