Haya's mehndi was done when Phupho dressed in a light lime dress knocked on the door as she came inside. "MashAllahhh, chasme bad door! Meri bahu kitni piyari lag rahi hai"( Evil eyes off. My daugher in law is pretty ), Phupho said as she took her balain and kissed her forehead. It was the first time she referred to her as bahu and Haya blushed. It was something Haya had been doing lately whenever someone referred to her with Taimoor's reference.

Phupho, looked behind Haya to find Saman who was getting her lip color done. And a pool of tears formed in her eyes.

"MashAllah, nazar na lagay meri Saman ko"(May Allah protect my Saman from evil gazes)",Phupho said as she went forehead and kissed her, wiping her tears while Saman whined "Ammi" seeing her mother cry. Haya couldn't help but smile seeing the mother daughter duo.

"Beta chalo bahar sub app ka poch rahay hain. Aur sahab zaday bhi kai dafa apka poch chukay hain.(Come on , everyone is inquiring about you . Even Taimoor had asked many times) "Phupho told her as she smiled. Haya blushed at the mention of Taimoor's name and Phupho laughed as she looked at the beat red face of Haya. 

What was with Haya and blushing every-time someone mentioned Taimoor? She never blushed before at the mention of him. What was wrong with her lately? She was acting smitten . God, was she smitten? Maybe she shouldn't have kissed his cheeks. Since that day she hadn't been able to look him in the eye without remembering the feel of her lips against his cheeks. And god the tingles his stubble had sent down her spine ,left a zoo of butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought about it.

Haya accompanied Phupho outside in the lawn which was decorated with Gainda(Marigold) and other yellow flowers accompanied by the yellow fairy lights .

Phupho introduced her to some aunties who were the family friends and couldn't attend the nikkah or valima as it was family affair. "Wah Tahira, bari piyari bahu lae ho. Isi liye chupa k rakha is chand k tukray ko ab tak."(Wow Tahira , your daughter in law is so beautiful. No wonder you hid such a moon like beauty) Aunty complimented her Phupho. Phupho had laughed in response while Haya had gotten all flustered. She had never considered herself pretty. NEVER. And all the compliments were making her giddy. She was already nervous.

Haya greeted everyone as she roamed around in the lawn . She probably won't remember the name of aunties who she had greeted, by the end of the function. Her nerves were giving her a tough time. Feeling someone's gaze on herself, Haya looked around to find no one looking at her way. Strange ! She mused as she continued greeting the guests.  

Haya was relived when she found out that Tai's family wasn't coming. They had to go to the nikkah of Tai's niece and they had excused . Luck was on her side. She was so thankful that they weren't coming , she had actually smiled when the news was delivered to her. It was like someone had lifted a boulder from her chest. Now she could breathe freely and most of all enjoy the Mehndi instead of being weary.

Smiling , Haya made her way to Ferozey who wore a yellow ghara and red dupatta looking so cute that Haya wanted to hug the life out of her. Ferozey was looking around through the crowd as if searching for someone when Haya reached her. Bending down on her knees, Haya asked her what or who she was looking for. "Tia, where were you? We were looking for you." Ferozey asked as her eyes settled on Haya and she shook her head in acknowledgment .

"We?" Haya asked all curious. Aiman appa was looking for her?

"Me and Mamo. Mamo keh rahay thay subha say app gayab hai.(You have disappeared since morning)" Ferozey said as she looked at her with those little accusing eyes. God, she was so like Taimoor. It was such a wonder how Haya had missed that before.

Are our children going to take after him too? How am I going to manage stubborn to fault copies of Taimoor roaming around. They'd be bossy as hell , throwing tantrums here and there, like they own the world. Haya found herself wondering. They maybe bossy , but they'll be the cutest , most adorable kids .
And then she blushed as she realized where her thoughts had led her. God what had gotten into her? She had just imagined a family with him, where he was going to spoil his daughter and she would let him.