16- Aria (EDITED)

Before I met Gunner, I blew off steam by singing appallingly in the shower, using a shampoo bottle as a microphone. Don't ask why I'd sing that way; it just felt better when I did. But now? I find punching Neron in the face so much more relieving.

I giggled, but then the smile on my face quickly faded after seeing Neron in distress.

Shit, should I have done that?

I walked over to him as he rubbed his face. "Sorry. Gunner had just got done reminding me of that move, and I wanted to try it on someone. It felt good doing it, too," I admitted, trying to hide the smile that wanted to come out.

That hit felt damn good.

And the best part of hitting Neron is, I can't get in trouble with him for doing it.

Neron stopped rubbing his face, then looked at me. "It's quite alright. I'm the one who asked for this, so I can only imagine how much more you have for me to experience."

He's right about that.

"Alright, you two, I will sit on the bench and observe." Gunner pointed, then grinned. I know what that grin means; he's excited to watch me beat Neron. "Hopefully, she remembers everything I've taught her so far." Gunner said, chuckling as he walked away and climbed over the ring. He sat, then extended his hands towards Neron and me. "Alright, pretty lady, show me what you can do to Neron. Just whatever you do, don't hurt him; I need him next week."

I turned away from Gunner to face Neron. "So... what are we going to start with first?"

"First of all, you need to warm up."

"I already did that with her; she's all warmed up and ready for you," Gunner enlightened.

Neron nodded, then looked back at me, holding up his hands with his palms facing me. "Before we get started, I would like to feel how you punch. So punch my hands," he ordered, looking at my stance. "Wait... are you righty or lefty?"

"Lefty."

"Okay, you need the southpaw stance. Has Gunner explained that to you?"

I shook my head. "No. He's been teaching me self-defense. Not boxing."

He laughed.

"You'll need to learn some of those moves as well. Learning how to box will help with your self-defense learning because punching someone will come in handy when you cannot use any of the other moves you know. Which is something I can help you with. As for the southpaw stance, I need you to hold out your right hand and plant your right foot forward."

Gunner entered the ring, got behind me, and helped correct my stance. Then, with his body up against mine, he reached around, held my arms where they needed to be, explaining while showing me how to hit Neron's hands. "Lead with a right-handed jab, then quickly follow it with a left-handed cross right hook... like this," he showed, having me punch Neron's hands. "Got it?"

"I think so," I said, eyeing Neron. But, at the same time, I liked how Gunner was standing behind me, breathing on my neck while showing me how to punch correctly. Now I wanted him to stay with me, holding me like he was.

Stop it, Aria; they're teaching you how to protect yourself. So get sex off your mind, or you won't be learning a damn thing they're trying to teach.

Gunner lowered his mouth to my neck—something he shouldn't have done. Now I feel like a wet noodle that wants to collapse. "Now, show him what you can do," he said, patting my ass.

"Alright, are we ready?" Neron asked, punching his hands together.

"I'm ready," I assured, adjusting my form.