11- Aria (EDITED)

Nikki and I walked alongside Gunner and Neron to the back door of the underground club, and as we entered, Neron placed his hand on the backside of Nikki's shoulder, guiding her away from me. "Come with me. I'll walk you to your seat." He told her.

I looked at Gunner. "Am I not sitting with Nikki?"

"Yes, you'll be sitting with her, but right now, you're coming with me to help me get ready," Gunner said, walking me to his room. I didn't know how to get him ready, but I was willing to learn.

He walked me into the room and had me sit on the bench while he changed. I sat quietly, but I couldn't help but watch him remove his clothes. The second he removed his shirt, and I got a glimpse of the upper half of his body, my stomach dived, and my tongue slid along my bottom lip.

I know I've seen him half-naked a few times before, but this time felt different. He was undressing in front of me. And I imagined it as he was undressing for us to make love, and I found it extremely stimulating. He was so well-built and beefy that I wished to take this alone time with him before he went into the ring to run my hands all over his broad shoulders, muscular corded arms, buff chest, and beautifully shaped abs.

And now that I see his fabulous-looking body, with nobody standing in the way, where he's not bouncing around, not swinging his arms, or taking any punches. I'm in heaven with what I see up close, especially when the cords in his arms bulge out when his arm flexes.

He was fucking built like a brick shithouse.

And I loved it.

Finally, I have a guy who's interested in me that's not a bean-pole. And as I studied Gunner, it appeared that he was much bigger than he was a couple of days ago.

He stepped over to the table, grabbed the athletic tape and gauze, then handed me the items. "Help me wrap my hands," he said, then explained what I needed to do. I'm sure this is something he could've done himself, but I feel this could also be his way of involving me and showing how one prepares themselves for a fight.

"How is that? Did I do it right? " I asked after securing the wrap.

He raised his hand and squeezed his hand a few times. "It's perfect, thank you," he smiled, then held out his other hand. "Now do this one."

"You wear all this underneath your gloves? What's the reason for that?" I asked as I began wrapping his hand.

He chuckled. "Yes. You need your hands wrapped to help keep your fist tight. It gives us more strength and power when we hit. And it's also used to help prevent pain and injuries. But they have to be wrapped right; if they're not, that's when the injuries occur. But tonight, I feel my gloves will be coming off, anyway."

I stopped wrapping and looked up. "How come?"

"Because the guy I'm fighting is a dirty fighter. The entire reason Neron had me training the other day with the objects this guy is known to use—preparing me to think and move faster while training me to keep my eyes on the lookout at all times."

My heart instantly stopped.

They don't wear any protective gear. So what if Gunner were to get stabbed in the heart? Or what if those brass knuckles this guy wears were to crush his skull, and it kills him?

Oh, God...

"Why are you fighting this guy if you know how he fights? Aren't there any rules about not using anything he does during a fight?"

He shook his head.

"Not in the underground," he admitted, then added, "there are rules where you aren't supposed to use things like that, but they're also not enforced. So that's why these places are illegal. But I don't care what this guy is capable of; I'm fighting him for a reason," he informed, a serious look in his eye.