Chapter 8: The Race and The Party

Începe de la început

Stopping in front of the crowd. We both stepped out of the cars.

Looking at him, I realised we both had a look of shock on our faces.

We didn't know what to do.

The crowd didn't know what to do.

Eventually the shock was broken when the roaring of engines was heard from the staring line as the next two cars were ready to race.

The crowd dispersed, some going to watch the other race and some going into the barn or hanging around their cars.

The guy from earlier that was behind the desk walked towards us with a big wad of cash in his hands.

"Well this is a first For the Diablo" he said looking towards Jaxon, then back to me.

"I wasn't expecting that Barlow, Well done", just then, Jaxon's usual group, minus Winter and her friend, approached with impressed looks.

"Damn girl, where did you learn to race like that" Nova cheered at me. I just smiled at her in response.

I wasn't going to answer her until I saw the curious looks on everyone else's faces, awaiting my answer.
" Uh, my brother taught me"

"Ok well, I guess you guys can split this then" desk guy said passing the cash to Jaxon and wandering off.

Jaxon shook his head, stretching his arm out to me. I just stared at it.

"Take it, I don't need it" he look expectantly at me. Deciding not to argue at the fact that I could buy myself a lot of McDonald's and coffee with that money, I just took it. I mean, I didn't necessarily need it, I've got way too much money than a teenager should have in my bank, but I'm sure he did aswell, maybe even more than me.

"Thanks" I mumbled at him.

Not knowing what to say, I turned around to leave when Nova's voice stopped me.

"Wait" she yelled, " you're going to the party at Theo's right?" Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that.

"I was planning on going for a bit yeah"

"Great! You should come with us, we're just going now" I cautiously looked at the rest of them wondering if this was a good idea.  The other boys smiled whilst Jaxon nodded his head at me as if to say that he was alright with the idea.

"Sure, okay" with that Nova bounced over to the passenger side of my car, "I'll ride with you" she grinned.

The boy she's usually with puffed in disbelief, "Babe? Really, you always ride with me"

She just rolled her eyes at him, "East, don't be such a big baby, I want some girly time, and I'll see you soon, plus I don't think Aleja knows where she's going, do you Allie?"

Allie? Hardly anyone calls me that. Ignoring that, I just shake my head at her in response.

"See! Ok let's get going, love you babe!" She shouted to East as he just posted at her in response.

Off to the party we go I guess.

***

The street was littered with cars and I was starting to wonder if we'd actually get a space.

"Use the driveway" Nova said to me. I look skeptically at her. I don't think Theo would be pleased about that.

"It's alright, the boys park in there, they're aloud to, perks of bein-

High school friends" she quickly cut her self off. I knew what she was about to say. Perks of being in the mafia. I wonder if she's actually a part of it then. I don't think she's eighteen so technically she shouldn't be.