Chapter 34

The next time I woke up I wasn't surrounded by vampires instead I was in Bailey's room. I wanted to go back to sleep but if I did the nightmares would come back.

I notice that Bailey's at her desk scrolling on her phone and she turned to face me when she felt my eyes on her.

We stared at each other. I don't think we knew what to say. I pushed her away but in the end she came back just like always. I wanted to tell her how I feel but instead I asked the dumbest question in that moment.

"Wait what do my parents think? I've been gone for god knows how long. Are looking for me?"

Bailey sighed and looked down, "No. We told them we were going on a camping trip and your phone died."

"Oh, thanks." I said and we sat in an awkward silence.

"Are you doing ok now?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"That's good." I say looking out the window. There was more awkward silence. I should probably leave. I can tell that's shes uncomfortable. I don't know if she actually wants to see me again after I hurt her like that.

"I should go." I say quietly. I got up and walked to the door. I paused for a second, I don't know why. Maybe I was hoping that she would stop me. I sigh and leave Bailey's room.

I snuck out of the house through a window that someone left open and started walking home. I realized that I looked very strange. A girl walking on the side of the road barefoot and in an oversized hoodie that was Bailey's.

I walked along the road until a car slowed down beside me.

"You need a ride miss?" I looked up and it was the guy who helped me out that day with Peter and Ricky. I know I shouldn't really be trusting anyone after I literally got kidnapped but he's helped me before so I might as well.

"If you don't mind." I reply.

"Of course not get in." he said cheerfully. He stopped the car for me and I quickly got in the passenger seat.

"Where to?" he asked and I told him the street near my house.

"So what were you doing all alone walking g on the side of the road.

"Me and my, friend had a fight and I left her house but she drove me there so I kinda had to walk." I say.

"Ah. I remember when me and my best friend used to get in fights. They never lasted long, I think the longest was a day and a half. We always made up in the end. We don't talk that much anymore cause he's in Canada with his family but we still try to video chat every couple weeks." he says smiling.

"That's nice. It sounds like you guys were very close." I say looking out the window.

"We were."

We sat in a comfortable silence. I didn't know if I should tell him more or if that would just be burdening him.

"Whatever you want to say spit out, miss. I won't judge." he said somehow knowing I wanted to say something.

I took a deep breath, "Well, I'm keeping things from her. I'm afraid if I tell her she won't believe or think I'm weird or something. I mean she's literally perfect in every way. I'm worried that she'll leave me for someone better. I mean we're in two totally different social classes at school. Ha. It's funny, in the beginning I just wanted her to leave me alone now, I want her to stay." I say and continue looking out the window.

"Well it sounds like you really care about her."

"I do but in the end I pushed her away just like I do with everyone else."

"I get you. You're afraid of being hurt and getting left. But it sounds like she really cares about as well. So my advice is, just talk to her. Let her in and maybe it will be a good thing and maybe it will be a bad thing but I can guarantee you that it will be a good thing." he said and stopped the car.

"Here we are."

"Thank you so much for the ride and advice." I say.

"No problem miss."

I got of the car and I waved goodbye.

As soon as I was alone their death started to play in my mind. Watching it is like hell. I dig my fingernails in the palm of my hand and focus on the pain. When I'm finally able to get it to go away I sneak into my house.

I'm ready to talk to my parents just yet and pretend everything's fine, I just need to be alone right now. I grab my guitar and some shoes but I didn't take off Bailey's sweatshirt.

As I was about to sneak out I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I turn on my light and notice that there was a scar on my neck. I trace it lightly and it tingled. That must've been where Bailey bit me. I quickly brush my hair and sneak out.

I was debating whether or not I should take my bike but decided against it and called an Uber.

It dropped me off at the park and I walked up the trail to the rock pile. I climbed up and sat cross legged. I close my eyes and see their death.

I want to talk to Bailey but I'm a coward. I'm afraid of losing people.

I trace the scar again and it tingles. Weird. I take out my guitar and start playing a song I wrote.

I surround myself in the notes until there's no room for anything else. I get lost in the music and the comfort it brings me. It makes me feel safe.

I play until my fingers start to ache. I set my guitar down in the case and close it so nothing damages it.

I was staring at the sky when I felt someone looking at me. I turn around and Bailey was standing there behind me. She smiled.

"Hey."