Chapter 6

I think the picture is funny! Pardon my weirdness 😂😂😌

It's been weeks, maybe even a month since I've been in Woodbury. Everything has been good so far. I rarely get called to fix vehicles, so I find other ways to I entertain myself. Ever since Martinez's and I conversation when I first took watch with him, we've been close, almost best friends. Things have been weird with Merle. There's times I see him looking at me, but we don't talk or do anything like the first day I got here. There was this one time I was passing by his room and I heard moaning. I though he probably got someone else to fill his needs so I left him alone. It turned out that girl was married and so it happens her husband was in the same building. Imagine how he would of felt? Hearing his wife moan someone else's name. Things didn't end well, the girl doesn't have a husband anymore. You may think I'm nosy to know all of this, but I'm not. It so happened that they had a confrontation in the building while I was leaving to get some lunch.

Anyway, today was a different day. It could almost be felt in the air. The governor wanted to have a small party. All their gonna do is give out food and drinks, maybe play some music. It was going to be around eight, I stayed in my room till then. When it was time for it I walked out my room, I was suppose to meet Martinez for a drink. I shut my door and headed for the stairs. It so happen Merle was heading out too.

"Oh, well isn't it you sugar?" he smiled.

"Merle" I nodded at him and walked around him.

"What? you ain't gonna say hello to your old pal Merle?" he faked sadness "I'm hurt"

I just rolled my eyes and walked out the building, I could hear him walking behind me. People and kids walked around without a care in the world.

"Violet!" I heard Martinez call my name. I looked around for him, he was sitting in a picnic table with Merle and a few others. I walked over to him.

"Still up for those drinks?" I smiled at him. He had dared me on a drinking contest a few days back.

"Hell yeah!" he was slightly drunk. He stood up and walked to me, his group of followers following behind him. He placed his arm over my shoulder as we walked.

"Sure you can take her on Martinez?" one of the men asked him, his name was Brooks, I think.

"Yeah, I can. Ain't that right Scarlet?" He looked down on me, I could smell the alcohol in his breath. It might of looked like he was about to kiss me. I also noticed the look Merle gave him as he did.

"Keep telling your self that, buddy" I shook my head. We walked to a table that had bottles of whiskey and vodka on it.

"Whiskey or vodka?" Martinez asked me, holding up a bottle of each.

"Whiskey" I smiled. Whiskey can make a day better.

"Didn't peg you for a whiskey girl" Merle said as he handed me a cup.

"What can I say, I know my drinks" I shrugged. His eyes only held amusement.

"Ready to get beat?" Martinez asked me, thinking he would beat me. Sorry, asshole doesn't know what's coming his way.

"Your on" I gave him a challenging look. And so it started. Good thing we didn't have to take watch today or tomorrow.

-few hours later-

"Giving up yet, chika?" Martinez slurred. We were both hammered, mostly him. His fault for drinking beers before this.

"Fuck no" I slurred back. I haven't been this drunk since my 28th birthday.

"Come on guys, last cup" brooks said. Martinez picked up his cup, his hand shacking as he did. His eyes were starting to close as he brought it to his lips. As soon as the cup touch his lips it fell on the table and so did Martinez, his body fell limply on the table. I downed my drink before standing up, the best I could, and started cheering.

"Ha! take that!" I started drunk dancing in victory. I probably looked like a fool, oh well. No one can see me the only ones left are me, a passed out Martinez, Brooks, and Merle.

"I'm taking him to his room" Brooks said and dragged Martinez away the best he could "Dixon, you should take Violet back to her room too" I didn't even notice Merle was right next to me.

"Come on, sugar" Merle said and swung my arm around his shoulder, trying to steady me.

"No, I need to celebrate" I tried stopping him. I want to continue my moment of victory.

"You can celebrate tomorrow" he grumbled, trying to push me along with him.

"No, celebrate with me" I whined and turned around to look at him. I could feel his breath as I gave him my best sad puppy eyes. He stared at me for a while. I could feel his lips inching closer to mine.

"Lets get you back to your room" he breathed against my lips. A slight moan escaped my lips. Man I must be really drunk. He started leading me back into our building. Once we reach my room he opened the room and dropped me in bed. I rolled around until I was in a burrito. I closed my eyes, but I could feel Merle's eyes on me.

"Are you just gonna stand there or what?" I asked without opening my eyes. I heard him grunt and then the door closed. I snuggled into my covers thinking he left. That was until I was rolled over to my back. My eyes snapped open to see Merle on top of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him confused. His eyes had a bit of lust in them. It wasn't as much as it was before.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he moved his head to where it was on my neck. his breath on my skin made me shiver. He kept his hands on either side of me, as I was still in a blanket burrito.

"I don't know" my eyes started getting droopy. I heard him release a sighed once my eyes closed.

"Get some sleep, sugar" his weight was removed from me. I faintly heard the door open and close before sleep consumed me.

I'm sorry if my story is boring so far. I'll make it better soon! :)