Chapter 2

The gates opened as soon as the truck approached the gate. There were people walking around. Some were planting plants, others talked. There were some kids playing basketball on the street. It was incredible..

"What? how?" was all I could say. I was at lost of words at what they had made.

"It took some time, but we made it work" The governor shrugged. I kept quiet, I was speechless.

"Come on, we'll get you checked up and then I'll tell someone to show you where you'll be staying" He said and jumped off the truck. He lead me into a building that was an infirmary inside. He told me to wait for the Dr. and walked out. moments later Merle walked in and stood by the door. I could feel his eyes burning into me.

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow at him. His stare bugged me a bit.

"Nothing" he shook his head, but didn't look away. I opened my mouth to say something, but the door opened. A dark skin woman in scrubs walked in.

"I'm Dr.Jefferson, I'll be checking you today" her voice was soft. She started checking my heart beat and breathing. She did everything they did when you would go to the doctor.

"Looks like your clear" she removed some gloves she had on "Merle will be showing you where you'll be staying"

"Come on, I ain't got all day" Merle said and walked out the door not even waiting for me. I rolled my eyes and followed after him. He was waiting for me outside. He walked me to a building across a library. We walked in and stopped in front of a door that said 14B on the door.

"We have curfews to follow. You can't be outside pass dark. If you're going to shower go easy on the hot water. There's clothes on the drawers" he said as he handed me a key.

"Thank you" I mumbled and grabbed the key from his hand. He pulled his hand away from mine when our skin touched. I gave him a weird look. I unlocked the door and walked in. There was a bed on the right side of the room and a lamp next to it on a nightstand. I turned around to close the door, but Merle was leaning against it. He had the same look in his eyes from earlier. A chill ran down my spine when he looked me up and down. I felt some sort of attraction as we looked at each other. It wasn't a love attraction. It was more lustful. After a few minutes of intense eye contact, he straighten up.

"Holler if you need anything" his raspy voice said. I gave him a confused look, but he ignored it. He walked out the door and turned right. I could hear his footsteps as he walked away. Moments later the sound of a door closing echoed the hallway. We lived in the same building.

I closed the door of my room. Sunlight got inside the room from the window. I set my bag down and walked to the bathroom. It wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. I grabbed some clothes from the drawers and headed back into the bathroom. I turned on the water, it was warm. I shredded my clothes and stepped in the shower. I washed my hair and body. I scrubbed all the dirt, blood, and sweat off my body. I shaved parts of my body that needed to be shaved and cut the water off. I grabbed two towels from under the sink and wrapped one of my hair and the other around my body. I put my sleeping clothes on and towel dried my hair and then walked out the bathroom. The room wasn't as bright as it was a while ago. It was probably about 7pm now. I closed the curtain to block off any sort of light and walked to the bed. I pulled the covers over me and closed my eyes. I didn't care it was to early I was tried as hell. I soon fell asleep knowing that I was somewhere safe.