Chapter 20

Merle's POV

"Your the farmer Hershel" I spoke to the old man that wobbled over to me in his crotchets.

"And your the black sheep, Merle" he stated sitting down on a bench that was next to my cot.

My eyes flickered down to what used to be his leg "how did you lose it?"

"I was bit"

"Bit? You hack it off yourself?" I couldn't lie, I was a bit impressed. It takes a lot of balls to loose a limb.

"No," he shook his head "Rick did"

"Awful kindly of him" I chuckled, seems officer friendly does have a pair of balls.

"Saved my life, gave me more time with my girls. Gave you more time with your brother. Can't put a price on that." He shrug.

"Can't put a price on anything anymore" I scoffed at him.

"I found this in one of the cells" Hershel said, pulling out a bibles from his pocket "lost more than the good book there for a while. Lost my way"

"For it is profitable that one of your members should perish--"

"And not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." I finished for him.

"Matthew 5:29 and 30." He looked at me in a bit of shock.

"Woodbury had a damn fine library. One of the only things I miss about it." I shrug, when I had free time I would read, only thing I could do to take my mind off of her.

"When the Governor returns, he's gonna kill me first. Michonne, my brother, then your girls." I told him what he needed to know. "Glenn, Carl, the baby, whoever else is left. He'll save Rick for last so he can watch his family and friends die ugly. That's who your dealing with"

The look he was giving me was of fear. He didn't want it to happen, but it would anyway. They didn't know the governor, that crazy son of a bitch is looking for blood. They should had left when they still had a chance.

"You forgot to mention violet" he scanned my face for any emotion. I knew he was trying to trick me, I wasn't stupid.

"He'll probably use her for his selfish needs" I shrug my shoulders, trying to act as if I don't care "or he'll kill her, either way ya'll are screwed"

I knew nothing would happen to violet, I wouldn't let that happen. I had spend months, since I've slept with her, trying to get her out of my head. I've come to terms that I care about her, I just didn't want to admit it. I couldn't admit it, it isn't like she would feel the same about me. Yes, we've slept together, but a woman has needs too. She could of just been using me. She could of had something with Martinez since they were very close. Women like her don't go for rednecks like me. Might as well face the fact.

"You would let him do that to her?" He asked "I can see it in your eyes, you care about her your just to stubborn to admit it"

If only you knew

"I'm only here for my baby brother" I grinned at him "I'm not here for a piece of ass"

Although I wouldn't mind getting a piece of her ass.

"I think your lying to yourself" Hershel rubbed his chin as he looked at me "I used to be like you once. But I faced the facts, I got married, and I had a beautiful baby daughter"

I shook my head, saying nothing in return. I felt like he was right, but I didn't want to listen to him. She is too good for me and I'm not good enough for her.

"Think about," Hershel stood up "she cares about you, maybe you should just try"

I watched the old man wobble away. He did have a point..

Who are you kidding? Do you really think she's going to love you? After everything you put her through?

I felt defeated, it wasn't something Merle Dixon was. I never gave you, I never quit working for what I wanted, I just didn't try. I wanted to try with her, but I couldn't. Not after everything I put her through. I haven't even apologized for accidentally punching her in the face.

That's because your secretly a coward.

Maybe I was.. But I knew I wanted her. Hell I've wanted her from the first time I was her. I might not end up with her, but it wouldn't hurt to get a piece of ass before everything went down, would it?

Not a long chapter but I hope you enjoyed! I hope you liked the Merle's POV :) well comment and/or vote! ❤️ love you guys 😘