Struggle

(Y/N) POV

We were on our way towards to point of our mission. My mind focused on what happened earlier. It was definitely something. Except... 'We're we too fast on it? Should we have waited?' I shook the thought out of my head for now. I looked down at Ruby, sleeping and clinging my arm. It was... reassuring a bit. Looking at her team, Blake was reading a novel of a sort, had a handmade book cover on it, so it could be any. Yang was minding her own thoughts, but would have the occasional glance at us. Weiss was staring outside the Bullhead, but also more occasional glances at me, and they looked more venom filled glances. It felt pretty awkward a bit, since Ruby isn't exactly available to bridge our bonds. The silence from all of us was broken by Yang's cough. She turned to the pilot.

Yang: "Hey, how long till the destination, I'm getting kinda bothered by the long ride."

Pilot: "Not too long, we'll be there before you know you it."

Yang let out a groan

Yang: "Ugh this is taking too long! (Y/N) tell me a joke"

I stared off thinking of a simple joke.

(Y/N): "What's the opposite of a lemon?"

Yang: "What?"

(Y/N): "A lemoff"

Yang looked like she was thinking super hard about this, 30 seconds pass and now she bursted out laughing. Ruby bursted from her slumber.

Ruby: "Huh, wha?"

She looked up at me with her half lidded eyes, and gave me an innocent smile I'll never forget. I brushed her hair, as a way to coax her back to sleep.

Yang: "Oum (Y/N), that was so bad that it was good. Alright, your turn Weiss."

She looked over to Yang. Weiss was thinking.

Weiss: "Well, what do you call Jaune if he were a faunus?"

Yang: "What?"

Blake turned a little

Weiss: "A Jaunus."

No reaction was made, as everyone just stared at her. Of course, except the pilot. She crossed her arms and had a pouty face with a "hmph" added. I clear my throat, grabbing everyone's attention.

(Y/N): "Alright, sounds like a good time to plan. We're going to do this mission until A, we find our objective, or B, five days pass. Once we drop, we will set out a perimeter. Now for that to work, we split into two groups of two and three. Now... the groups will be..?"

We all looked at each other, Ruby clinging to my arm.

Ruby: "Well I can be in your group."

I looked down at her and thought about it. 'We need to group in a way that it efficient and optimal.'

(Y/N): "Actually, I have some questions. Yang, what's your weapon and semblance?"

She looked at me questionably

Yang: "Well, I have two shotgun based fist weapons, and my semblance is that I gain more strength as I take more damage"

'Ah, a tanky boxer.'

(Y/N): "Weiss?"

She sighs

Weiss: "I have a rapier, and my semblance is multiple: I can use glyphs to hold objects in place or create a ground, increase movement and attack speed for myself or others, and summon foes that have fallen to me."

'Wow, so she must be a speedy support'

(Y/N): "Blake?"

Blake: "I have a a short katana pistol, the sheath is a weapon as well. The katana has a rope attachment. My semblance is that... I make a clone that will take the blow as I dodge away."