Seasons (Short Filler)

Ruby POV

It's been a long while since I came to visit. But with (Y/N) here, it makes me more comfortable and confident. Out hands locked as we walked up the end of the cliff. The sunset blinding and beautiful rays of light. I was looking at the ground, distracting myself from the main goal. My hand was lightly squeezed, (Y/N) grabbed my attention. He smiled softly at me. With his other hand he pointed along the horizon. I gulp the air stuck in my throat, and slowly turn towards the cliff. And there sat my mother's grave. Tears slowly building up, but I felt his hand cup my cheek.

(Y/N): "Hey, it's okay, I'm right here with you. And I know she's going to be happy to see you."

I could only nod. I took a step forward. Taking a deep breath, I continued to her grave. Now I stood before her, my tears daring to fall, but I kept my composure. I turned to (Y/N)

Ruby: "May I... have some time with her, alone?"

He smiled

(Y/N): "Of course, take as much time as you need."

And I was alone with me and mom.

Ruby:" Hi mom! I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit, things have been complicated at Beacon. I've made so many friends... and I have a boyfriend now. Oh my Oum, he is the greatest. I dont want you to meet him just yet, I will next time, I just... I want this time to be just me and you for now. Just tell you everything that's happened while I was gone." My voice broke, and the tears were one millimeter from flowing out freely. "I'm in a team mom! Team RWBY, all of my teammates are the best, Yang is in my team too! It's the best! There's so many friends I have so I'll just rapid fire" I took an enormous inhale "JauneNoraPyrrhaRenCocoFoxVelvetYatsuhashi, and my teammates Blake and Weiss... but... there's this special person I know... (Y/N)... he is my boyfriend. I love him so much! He's kind, caring, loving, smart, strong, hehe, kinda handsome. But he's the sweetest guy I've known, and if you were here" tears started to roll down. "You would of loved him too, but of course not like how I do. Okay... I think that's enough of shenanigans, I really miss you mom. I remember all of the cookies you made, and how you put strawberry jam on the middle. I-I love you mom and I'll be seeing you soon... okay? I promise."

I kneeled in front of the grave and hugged it. I stood up, cleaned my face, and walked back to (Y/N) as normal as I could. Once I saw him, I called to him. He turned, had a smile again, and opened his arms. I went from a walk to a jog, then a jog to a run. Almost tackling him, I pulled him into a bear hug as I let more tears in my eyes.

Ruby: "I love you (Y/N)"

(Y/N): "I love you too Ruby. How did it go?"

Ruby: "I didn't say everything yet, but next time I will."

He let me down from his embrace. And held out his hand.

(Y/N): "Let's go"

I smiled again, and grabbed his warm hand. Skipping along with him...

Very irrelevant to this filler, but it's always best to tell everyone you love that you love and care for them, you'll never know when it'll be your last. Welp Ima sit and think of what to write next. See ya