chapter 1

Hey there!! I'm alexis and I am turning 14 today!!!(its sunday if you want to know) so, I'm excited! The day had finally come!!! So you're probably wondering why I sound so excited, well, NO REASON!!! i just love birthdays. Anyway, my friends were throwing a party for me so I was getting ready. I looked in the mirror, I wouldn't describe myself as beautiful, but the one thing I like about my face is my big green eyes. My parents always told me they looked like emeralds, and I agree!

I was so excited!! I looked into the mirror one more time. But wait, did my eyes just GLOW?!?! now, I know what your thinking, "she is excited! Sure it looks like her eyes are glowing(metaphorically)!" but NO! it was literally glowing! I knew I saw it do that, but i just brushed it off.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXIS!!!" shouted everyone as i entered the room. The rest of the party went AMAZINGLY!!

I got many gifts, but my best friend got me a plain ring. So I know I'm supposed to be grateful to her, but she could have got something more....... colourful? So that's not weird, BUT, when I left the ring on the table and came back, the gem on the ring was covered with a green gem like material!!!(probably EMERALD!!!).

OK I need to process this. So if you want to read more of my story, read the rest of the story!