The reason we were late to brunch at Arosio's childhood mansion last weekend, and almost every weekend prior, is because somehow Arosio and I always end up in the shower together. It has become a morning routine of sorts and would sometimes last an hour or more before he carried me back to our bed and continued until it was time to wake up Elijah or eat breakfast.

"Oh really? Allow me to redeem myself now then, coniglietto," Arosio whispered darkly before kicking the bathroom door close behind us as I giggled at his intense nature and swallowed down hard, knowing already that we would be late yet again. (bunny)

***

"Buongiorno, papa, mama! Alanzo and Adriano, buongiorno! I'm sorry we are late," Elijah ran ahead of me and hugged his grandparents as I took a seat beside Arsenio who sat at the head of the brunch table. It was originally Arosio's seat but Arsenio prefers it when I sit here and Arosio only looked on with pride and never tried to take the seat back. (Good morning)

"Buongiorno, figlia. Your Italian is getting better each day, I am very happy," Arsenio stated with a small smile on his typically cold face as Eliana nodded her head in agreement. I sent them a beaming smile while placing food onto Elijah's plate and then onto Arosio's place. When I was about to place food onto my own, I realized that a certain someone had beat me to it, making my smile widen even more at my sweet husband.

"Buongiorno? More like Buon pomeriggio, it's already the afternoon principessa. Tell me, why is it that you and fratello are always late?" Alanzo teased as his eyes narrowed on my exposed neck that held several red love bites. (Good afternoon...brother)

I had tried to cover it up by leaving my red hair down instead of placing it in its usual braid or ponytail but there were just too many. My face turned bright red and I ended up choking on my glass of orange juice. Arosio rubbed my back up and down soothingly before sending his little brother a cold glare.

"Sta'zitto," Arosio's tone differed from its soft tone that he used with me and turned hostile as he addressed his younger brother who immediately quieted down. (Shut Up)

But knowing the mischievous Alanzo, he would never back down without a fight. He would always try to have the last word, either by saying it himself or provoking the silent Adriano to say whatever it is in his stead.

"Be late as many times as you'd like, as long as you give us a niece or another nephew," Adriano stated stoically as he eyed Arosio and I while taking a bite of his breakfast sandwich. Alanzo smirked and patted Adriano on the shoulder while I choked on my piece of bacon before glaring at the two mischievous devils.

"Mama, they're bullying me!" knowing that my comebacks would be turned against me by those two, I resorted to pouting at Eliana whose gaze softened before she began to scold her two sons. This time it was me who got my back patted by Arosio whose eyes brightened up in amusement.

"Mommy, more eggs please?" Elijah called for my attention as he attempted to reach for the eggs on my side. His small face huffed in annoyance before he crawled over his dad's lap and headed straight into my arms.

At first, little Elijah and Arosio would always argue about who got to sit next to me during meals. They eventually agreed on taking turns every day but that quickly turned to Elijah feeling annoyed whenever Arosio sat beside me so he would crawl over and end up in my arms before the end of the meal.

"Say ah!" I giggled when Elijah opened his mouth wide before spoon feeding him the scrambled eggs. I failed to notice a few guards frantically run into the room and whisper something into Arosio's ear.

"I have business to attend to, I will be back home before dinner. Call me if anything, tesoro," Arosio suddenly stated coldly as his whole demeanor changed into a terrifying presence within seconds before he abruptly stood up and made his way out of the brunch room.