Iwaoi

They lost to Karasuno, they couldn't get passed, they couldn't go to nationals. That was a couple weeks ago and Oikawa hadn't shown up to school in 10 days. He wasn't returning messages or calls from Iwa-chan which was a huge red flag to him, he wanted to respect his privacy but he was too worried. He decided he'd go check on him, he just hoped Oikawa wouldn't be mad at him for invading his personal space. He knocked on the door... no answer.. The brunettes parents weren't home for the month either so of course they wouldn't answer, so once again when he knocked there was no answer.

Iwa-chan eventually decided to use the key he had to unlock it, technically it wasn't breaking in if he was gifted the key. Looking around he called out to his friend.... No response, maybe he wasn't home. Iwa-chan decided to check just to be safe however he saw Oikawa's door shut. He knocked. No response. He slowly opened the door, cracking it and when he stepped in he wasn't in the least bit prepared for what his eyes saw.

*TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️* Iwa-chan's unprepared eyes were met with Oikawa's closed ones. A noose, around his neck, his body limply hanging from the rope. Tears could be felt forming in the ace's eyes, his captain was dead. Right there. Maybe if he had reached out more at first, maybe if he had been there for him he'd be alive.. But he couldn't do anything, the one he always wanted to be there for.. he wasn't at the most important time, he failed his setter. Inching closer he saw a note on his bed, in sloppy handwriting it was addressed to, "Iwa-channn! The love of my life <3" With teary eyed he opened the letter and immediately noticed dried spots of water on it.. he must've been crying while writing it, it read:

"Well Iwa-chan, sorry you had to see this.. I really hope I didn't hurt you too much, after all I do love you. I just wanted to say thank you.. Thank you for always being by my side, even at my worst, you were always there, being a friend to a stupid loser like me. Sorry I ended it this way, wasn't even confident enough to leave a voice mail... Sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me,,, if not just know I loved you to my death... Literally. You can probably see the tears while writing this, I'm gonna miss you a lot but you shouldn't have to deal with me, a failure,, I couldn't keep my promise and take you to nationals. I'm sorry.. I cant live without you, so here I am, sorry I couldn't graduate with you like in middle school... Please live a good life, leave me behind, forget me. Knock some sense into Tobio-chan or something... Anyways I should wrap this up it's getting long. I love you Iwa-chan. Thank you.. Thank you for the passed three years and a whole life full of amazing memories.. I'm gonna miss you but,,,, I'll always be by your side even if not physically."

-Sincerely, your best friend (who has a huge crush on you) Tooru Oikawa <3

PS: Muah, figurative kiss.

Iwa-chan didn't know how to take the letter, he couldn't help but cry. He just saw his best friend's body and worst of all he could've prevented it.. He loved him back, maybe if he had confessed.. maybe Oikawa would still be there but he hadn't so now he'd graduate alone. He'd walk forward alone, he'd developed for the first time without his familiar brunette setter with him and as much as he wanted to change that he couldn't. He was gone for good and there was nothing to do to change it.