Chapter 4

It was another peaceful night in the Tsukino residence. Harusuke was in his room just finishing his homework. As he finally put his pencil down, he let out a sigh as he stretched his arms.

"Well... that takes care of that," he said. "I thought I'd never get my homework done."

Then he suddenly remembered the other day when he and Usagi fought Jadeite back when he was using the radio station for his evil plans. He could remember how Jadeite was able to overwhelm them without even breaking a sweat. That alone caused him to feel a little frustrated.

"Damn it all," he said, clenching his fist. "I still can't believe how beaten we got. Jadeite was so strong that he was able to knock us down easily. Usagi may have had her tiara, but all I can do is use my binding spell while she finishes off her enemies. There has to be a way for me to get stronger so it doesn't happen again. But how? Maybe I can ask Luna."

Suddenly Harusuke's thoughts were interrupted by a loud shriek coming from the bathroom, which almost made him fall out of his chair.

"What the heck was that?!" Harusuke cried as he shot up and dashed out of his room.

And it wasn't just Harusuke that heard the shriek. Ikuko, Kenji, Shingo, and even Luna heard it. They all raced to the bathroom and looked through the door. Usagi was sitting on the floor wearing nothing but a towel sobbing her eyes out.

"Usagi! What's the matter?!" cried Harusuke.

"Did you fall?!" asked Shingo.

"Did you see a rat?" asked Ikuko.

"Did you drop something down the tub?!" asked Kenji.

"No!" wept Usagi. "I... I - I've put on weight! I'm so out of shape!"

Usagi then sobbed even harder as Ikuko, Kenji, Shingo, and Harusuke felt very confused. Then Kenji spoke up.

"Usagi. You shouldn't be worried about that," he said. "It's only natural to have a little meat on your bones."

"Daddy's right, Hun," added Ikuko. "It makes you look better, especially since you're young."

"Sadly, the problem is that you overeat," chimed in Shingo. "It's probably no wonder that you feel fat."

"Now, Shingo, be nice," scolded Ikuko. "Although I have to agree. She even eats more than she does studying."

"And it would help that you could get a little exercise," said Kenji thoughtfully.

"That's most likely why you've gained weight," the three said together.

"All right, I get it!" said Usagi, who felt more upset than ever. "You don't have to be so harsh!"

A  little later, Usagi got herself dressed and went to her room, still  uncomforted by her family's words

A little later, Usagi got herself dressed and went to her room, still uncomforted by her family's words. Then Harusuke knocked and came in.

"Hey Usagi," he said. "Are you feeling OK?"