Chapter 14

In the Dark Kingdom, the entire court was in attendance as Jadeite stood in front of Queen Beryl once again, awaiting his fate and punishment.

"Jadeite, while it's true that you've collected a great deal of energy on Earth for our Great Ruler," said Queen Beryl. "But it's also true that you've failed me several times. Perhaps the greatest and most disappointing failure of all is that you've been unable to defeat those infuriating nuisances of Guardians, Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, and Solaris. I've even heard that you went behind my back to try and gather energy, only to have Solaris thwart your plans all by himself."

"Please, Queen Beryl, in my defense, I-" Jadeite began to protest.

"I do not want to hear your excuses!" snapped Queen Beryl, glaring at him with evil and angry intent. "Defeat Sailor Moon and the other guardians before they cause any more trouble! Or else you shall receive the 'Sentence of Eternal Sleep.' "

The entire court was now abuzz with fearful murmurs and whispers. Jadeite especially was so terrified; his hands were clenched at his sides, trembling.

"As I'm sure you're well aware, Jadeite," continued Queen Beryl. "Those who receive this punishment are plunged into the deepest depths of darkness, never to awaken again, so this will be your last chance to redeem yourself. For your sake, I hope you succeed."

Jadeite ground his teeth and didn't say anything more as he set off on what may be his final mission.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was late at night at the Tsukino's house. Usagi and Luna were staring up in the sky, looking at the stars and finding constellations.

"Wow... what a beautiful night," sighed Usagi. "I can even see some constellations up there. Cygnus, Sagittarius, Libra, and even the constellations of Motoki and Tuxedo Mask." She then giggled madly, covering her face in embarrassment. "What am I saying? How could I have fallen in love with two different guys?! What a flirt I've become!"

Luna sighed as she let out a small yawn. "I wouldn't worry about that. Your crushes are usually one-sided," she said. "Not only that, but they're also like bubbles in the ocean. They only last for a moment."

"You just don't understand how tough it is to be in love, Luna," said Usagi. "But... it does make me wonder... what if Motoki and Tuxedo Mask are the same person?"

She then began to imagine Motoki wearing Tuxedo Mask's outfit, but then her thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of evil laughter. Then, a large projection of Jadeite appeared in the sky.

"Hear me now! I am Jadeite!" he said, his voice echoing throughout the city. "Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, and even Solaris! I hereby challenge you! Come to the Haneda Airport at one AM tomorrow night at Runway F. Or else..."

He took a deep breath and unleashed a fireball from his mouth, setting the entire city ablaze. Usagi's eyes widened in horror while Luna hissed in anger. Jadeite then snapped his fingers, and the flames instantly disappeared.

"That fire was nothing more but an illusion," he said. "But if you're late or don't even bother to show up, I'll turn Tokyo into a sea of flames for real and burn it to the ground. Count on it."

The projection of Jadeite then vanished.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Hikawa Shrine, Usagi, Luna, Harusuke, Rei, and Ami met up just on top of the steps.

"Jadeite no doubt is going to make good on his threat," said Luna grimly. "If we don't show up, he'll set the whole city fire, hurting millions of innocent lives!"