Chapter 148

One morning in Juuban, Usagi, Chibusa, and Harusuke were at the Yamagishi Ballet Company building, admiring a poster. It was of a male holding a woman in his arms as she posed with bold words at the bottom that read: Yamagishi Ballet Company Presents: Giselle.

"Wow! They look wonderful!" Chibiusa spoke in awe.

"Yup! Ballet is all the rage these days," said Usagi.

Harusuke then looked at a flyer next to the poster. "It says here that Yamagishi Ballet Company is looking for new dancers for Giselle," he said. "And they're giving free lessons for beginners."

Usagi and Chibiusa got even more excited as both began imagining themselves as the lead in the ballet. "Then that means the two of us actually have a chance of being in the show!" they squealed.

The three then went inside to get Usagi and Chibiusa signed up.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At Fruits Parlor Crown, the Tsukinos told the others about the play.

"So, you joined a ballet company?" Minako asked with surprise. "You, Usagi?"

The ordango blonde smiled as she bragged. "Yup. I'm going to be in "Giselle."

"Isn't that the story about a girl who dies with a broken heart after being betrayed by her love?" wondered Ami. "And then later becomes a fairy and convinces the other fairies to spare his life?"

"The very same," said Harusuke. "And since then, she's never let us hear the end of it."

"So what role did you end up getting?" asked Makoto. "The role of Giselle?"

"Of course not," Usagi replied humbly. Her eyes then sparkled with glee. "Although, they did say that the role I got was the perfect shining role for me!"

Ami then turned to the pink ordango girl, who had a disappointed frown. "And what about you, Chibiusa?" she asked.

Chibiusa shook her head. "They said that I was too young," she replied sadly.

"Well, congratulations, Usagi," said Rei. "But don't you think it's a bit odd? Why would someone like you appear in a romantic story like that?"

"It's because of talent," replied Usagi. "A good judge of talent can tell that someone like me has hidden potential."

Everyone looked at Usagi skeptically.

"Hate to break it to you, Sis," said Harusuke. "But I'm not sure if talent is the word I would use."

Usagi responded by glaring at her brother with a pout.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

At the Yamagishi Ballet Company building, the Tsukinos were in the locker rooms getting ready to take the beginner's class.

"Come on, Usagi. Hurry up!" urged Chibiusa.

"All right, all right. Give me a second," Usagi replied. "I just need to get my slippers on."

She had just slipped on her right slipper and was about to put on the left one when she felt something inside of it. Upon closer inspection, she was shocked to find the object was a small sharp tack.

"N-No way...! How cruel..." Usagi gasped. "How could someone do such a thing? Is it because they're jealous of me being chosen for a major role?" She then steeled herself with determination. "But... I won't give up! By overcoming these obstacles, I'll become Japan's, no, the world's top prima donna!"