Twelve: Logan

Logan got up and looked at his phone. It was almost 6am. He sighed and then flicked through the messages freezing when he read one from Remus. He clicked on the conversation and immediately got up and grabbed Patton's keys. He froze in place when he heard someone behind him.

"Where are you off to so early Lo?" Patton asked sleepily. Logan turned to look at him.

"I just need to breathe for a bit...I was going to just go for a walk." Logan looked at the Keys. "These were so I can unlock the door when I got back..."

"Okay, be safe Lo." Patton walked back into his room. Logan got out to car and read the text over.

R: meet me, come on before I hurt Virgil. The kids already a mess without either of you here and having one of you can keep him under control.

Logan took a deep breathe. He was going to regret this.

L: fine, I've got Pattons car. I'm on my way send me the location.

He got the reply not even a few seconds later with the address. Logan drove there, it took about an hour and sighed as he got out. He knocked on the door and Remus opened it pulling him into a hug.

"Aww yay you actually came!" He pulled Logan into the house. Logan immediately bolted towards Virgil who had a blindfold over his eyes, his hands and feet tied to a chair and headphones covering his ears. He pulled the headphones off and then removed the blindfold. Virgil shook his head as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"No..please..." Logan helped Virgil from the ropes.

"Virgil are you alright?" Logan asked. Virgil shook his head and held him tighter.

"I need to go food shopping, watch the little rugrat for me." Remus walked out of the house.

"Logan you shouldn't be here..." Virgil was shaking.

"Why are you so afraid of having me here? at least I can protect you from him." Logan moved Virgils hair from his eyes.

"He'll hurt you again...h-he-."

"I came willingly Virgil." Logan pulled away from Virgil. "I didn't want you to be hurt, he threatened you." Logan showed Virgil the texts. Virgil started to cry.

"I can't...you came because he threatened me? He already kidnapped me and he adopted me! There's nothing worse he could do..." Virgil looked down.

"I can think of several worse things he could do to you Virgil but I'm going to keep that quiet..." Virgil shook his head.

"He-he wouldn't do that." Virgil shook his head. "There's no way in hell he would..."

"Yes, but even if he would...I'm here now so he can't." Virgil shook his head.

"Logan I don't want you to get hurt anymore!" Virgil cried.

"And I do not wish for you to be hurt." Logan sat down with Virgil. "The others don't know where you are, and I can't tell them or he'll hurt both of us. I'd rather stay..I will not let him touch you. I will not let him near you when I say go to your room, you go and lock your doors immediately Virgil." Logan pulled him into a hug again.

"Logan....where do the others think you are right now?" Virgil asked. Logan smiled sadly.

"On a walk..." Logan laughed. "Patton is sometimes super gullible."

"You have to go back to them you can't just stay here with me Logan...he can end up kidnapping everyone else again." Virgil looked at Logan sadly. "And I don't want it to be my fault again."

"Virgil, I'm not just going to leave you alone with him! I don't know what he wants with you but it's not good..it's never good when it's Remus..." Logan took a look at Virgils arms and sighed. "Those ropes were way too tight come here..." Logan dragged Virgil to the bathroom and started to take the medical supplies out.

"Logan...aren't you scared of him?" Virgil asked. Logan laughed slightly.

"I can handle him Virgil, that I promise you." Logan continues to clean the cuts. Suddenly Virgil held his hand.

"That doesn't answer my question." He looked Virgil in the eyes and bit his lip as he put some of the medical supplies away.

"I'm an adult Virgil, I can handle the situation." Logan looked away sadly.

"Again, not answering my question." Virgil grumbled.

"Yes, I'm terrified." Logan continued putting everything away but Virgil grabbed his hand.

"Then why do you keep trying to protect me? He's hurt me yes, but he keeps hurting you more." Virgil held tightly to Logan's hand. "He's going to ra-."

"Virgil stop it." Logan looked at him sadly. "I love that you are so protective over me, but it's not going to work. I will not let him hurt you."

"You think I'm just going to sit back and let him take you away from me again? Logan that's absolutely horrible! I don't want to let him take you away knowing he's about to fuck-." Logan covered Virgils mouth.

"Okay, first of all breathe." Logan shook his head and wiped tears from his eyes and pulled away from Virgil. "Second of all, we've been over this. Him hurting me is better than him hurting you. You are still a child and the impact he makes on you now will stay with you for as long as you live. For me it won't stay with me for long I can easily choose to forget it ever happened with some therapy here and there I'll be fine in no time."

"That is not how that works Logan and you know it!" Virgil cried.

"Virgil, just stop. Stop trying to get me to leave you alone with him because I won't. I refuse." Logan looked away. He picked up the first aid kit and put it away then turned to face Virgil. "After letting you stay in his class for this long after how abusive he was as a teacher...I refuse to let you stay here alone knowing damn well how he will be as a parent."

"But-."

"Uh-Uh. Nope. No buts." Logan shook his head. "You will not stay alone with him. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." They sat down on the couch and Logan pulled Virgil into a hug. Virgil leaned into Logan's chest and closed his eyes.

"Thank you Logan." He slowly drifted off to sleep. Logan smiled.

"Your welcome, Virgil." Logan whispered.