T W E N T Y

"I talked to Tiffany earlier, she said she ain't hear from Miracle either. Nobody has." Hakeem told Amarie as soon as he made his way into the house.

He's been out since early this morning with his team figuring out what Lucas had going on.

"Wow... this is crazy." She replied back. "But like I said before, she could just be ducking off."

"I think the rumor is true. She would've been came back."

"Don't think like that. Keep a positive mindset."

He shook my head. "I can't."

"Trust me, she's okay.."

He dropped the conversation placing his focus on his phone. He was keeping track of Lucas. Mike sent out a few men to place a tracker on his car.

Lucas was almost never on his shit. Nine times out of ten he was lacking, which wouldn't be surprising if he didn't catch the tracker on his car— he was definitely not built for the thug life.

Amarie grabbed his phone once she caught on. "Stop."

"What?"

"I know what you're doing, don't do it. It's not worth it."

"The fuck do you mean not worth it? It's a possibility that my daughter's mother is dead and you telling me this shit ain't worth it?"

"First of all, calm down. I'm trying to keep you out of trouble, going after him won't make anything better. Think before you do something stupid."

"You just don't understand! Put yourself in my shoes."

"Hakeem, I know how you're feeling. But think about it, if Nevaeh possibly lost her mother. How would she feel if she lost you too? Because you're trying to do something stupid and could possibly end up in jail."

He sucked his teeth. "You don't get it."

"Hakeem how do you mean? I understand how you feel about the situation, trust me I do. Just don't do something that could cost your life."

"Nah you don't understand. You ain't never been in a situation like this. You don't have a child, so no, you don't know."

"Why're you attacking me? I'm just trying to help you the best way that I can. I know that I don't have a child , I know that I've never been in a situation like this but at least I'm trying!"

"I'm not trying to attack you or make you feel some type of way. You just don't understand like you say you do."

"It's like, I'm trying to help you the best way that I can but you're being ungrateful and selfish. You're only thinking about you, you're not thinking about my feelings or Nevaeh's feelings if you go out and do something stupid." She said wiping a tear that fell, this relationship was nothing but an emotional roller coaster.

Hakeem hates seeing Amarie emotional. He wasn't trying to jump down her throat at all, he just wanted her to see where he was coming from. She didn't have kids so of course she wouldn't understand it from his pov, she was trying though.