T H I R T Y- F I V E

After long days of waiting it had finally made it to Tuesday. Everyone gathered in the court room quietly talking amongst the people close by until the judge came and began.

Hakeem entered the court room, the first thing noticeable was his orange suit. His wrists were cuffed in front of him as two officers held onto his arm leading him to the front where he needed to talk place.

The courtroom was much smaller than it looked on any TV show or movie. It was a small enclosed room decorating with wooden seating, a podium that stood in the middle for each judge to come up to argue their case, and a wooden desk for the judge to sit.

"All rise. The court is now in session." The judge spoke as he got settled into his area of the courtroom. Everyone raised.

"Please raise your right hand." The Bailiff spoke, "do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I do." The lawyer's and Hakeem spoke.

The judge released them to sit down.

"From my understanding you want Mr.Smith here proven guilty." The judge spoke referring to Hakeem. His attention was on the judge working for Lucas. "Explain your side."

"Lucas had felt threatened by Hakeem since day one.    As we can see he had every reason to. The conflicted started due to them dating the same woman-"

"That's a fucking lie." Hakeem spoke out of turn.

His lawyer instantly hushed him. The difference between the two lawyers were that Hakeem's lawyer had proof of everything, Lucas' didn't. Lucas lawyer could say anything, but without proof it meant nothing.

"Continue."

"Constant threats were sent once he found out. Lucas no longer wanted his woman in contact with Hakeem. They had no choice but to stay in contact because of their daughter."

"After awhile Lucas assumed that the situation between the two had ceased. Randomly one day Hakeem appeared at the scene where Lucas worked and fired off several shots. Lucas in still in critical condition to this day."

"If you have any evidence, send them up."

"Your honor, there's no evidence-"

"So if there's no evidence how the hell did you plan on getting Lucas' innocence proven?"

Hakeem laughed to himself. He took the lawyer as a joke. Whoever hired him to work and defend Lucas didn't think smart. The man had no clue what he was doing and how he was going to help him with a lack of evidence.

The interpreters in court translating everything being said for the people who didn't understand English. The reporter wrote down everything being said from Lucas side, she had to do the same once Hakeem's side is told as well.

The judge fanned him off, "explain your side."

"I'd like to say that his story is false. Now if you see here-" Hakeem's lawyer handed the Bailiff a paper. The freshly printed paper contained everything that was on Lucas' record, "Lucas record isn't clean. Hakeem didn't want Lucas around his daughter or his ex because of his record. Lucas had placed her into a bad situation before. Around that time Lucas had been wanted for a homicide and also has a few rape cases to his name."