T H I R T Y- T W O

The girls were busy at the salon all day. They were booked up for the day and finally finished with their last client at ten pm. After working hours at the salon, their work still wasn't done—they still had orders that needed to be packed and shipped out.

Usually they would be to one of their houses packing orders together but since they haven't talked their problems out yet, that wasn't happening. Amarie couldn't act like she didn't still feel some type of way because she did.

"How are we packing these orders tonight?" Aunisty questioned Amarie. The two were cleaning their sections since it was closing time.

"I'll take half with me and you can take the other half."

"But that's not how we normally do it.."

"How long do you plan on ignoring me? I wanted to talk shit out with you for the longest." Aunisty spoke again once she realized that Amarie wasn't responding to her last statement. Missing her best friend was an understatement.

"I'm not ignoring you at all, Aunisty."

"When will you sit down with me and have the conversation that I've been asking to have?" Aunisty questioned, "or do you still not want to talk?"

"Come to my house to package orders and we'll talk." She finally gave in.

Aunisty simply nodded. After cleaning their areas they took their inventory that needed to be packed and shipped off and headed to Amarie's house.

After packaging orders, they alerted their customers that all packages will be shipped off tomorrow. The girls sat down in the living room. The room was silent until Amarie decided to speak up.

"What do we have to talk about?"

"For starters, I wanted to apologize for throwing the shit you told me about you and Hakeem in your face, that was unnecessary."

Amarie remembered exactly what Aunisty said. "Why won't you leave him" "he's cheated, his ex is living with him" "y'all always apologize, talk about what'll be done different the next time and nothing changes" that still didn't sit right with her.

"I would never say no shit like that to you. I would never throw something like that in your face. You being my best friend, I came to you for help, for advice. Not to be told shit like nothing ever changes." Amarie voiced.

"And times when I continuously told you that I was fine because I didn't want to bring up my relationship problems you kept asking. If nothing ever changes what did you want to know for?"

"I know that you'll never do something like that to me." Aunisty agreed, "my intentions weren't to belittle you.. I know how much you love Hakeem, I know how much you want your relationship to work. What I said had no hurtful intentions behind them, it was shit that flew out of my mouth before I thought about it."

Aunisty wasn't lying. She didn't purposely meant to hurt Amarie or make her feel less than for staying with Hakeem. She just wanted to know why Amarie stayed with him, the way Amarie explained their situations to her she seemed frustrated and tired with dealing with the things her and Hakeem went through.

She would not intentionally hurt her best friend. She knows how it feels to be in love with someone despite the flaws in the relationship.