1.0

louis was so nervous.

like he was sweating and fidgety and about to cry nervous. his family and niall stood close behind him, sending good wishes, but he couldn't breathe at the moment. and on top of that, harry couldn't make it. louis was bummed out about that, but harry is attending virgina state now - pretty tough university - and he has classes he needs to keep up with. he couldn't just drop everything and fly all the way back to the uk for, like, one day just to see louis get his diploma.

"lou, you've got nothin' to worry 'bout, love. you're getting your diploma and, possibly, your phd," said louis' mum as she rubbed his back through his black gown.

he placed his cap on his head and let out a deep breath just as charlotte grabbed his hand. "haz would be proud, you know?"

louis smiled at the thought of harry and nodded towards his sister, "yeah? called earlier and wished luck on me. he has classes and asked mum to record it for him."

"see lou, you're his boy and he's yours."

louis felt a burst of happiness brush over him. "yeah."

"now c'mon, gotta find your seat."

harry and his group of friends rushed through the airport in london with their bags in tow. it was a sight to see because they were all dressed up for lou's graduation yet they are rushing through an airport. harry finally spots his car with niall leaning on it in the car lot of the airport yard.

harry rushed over and snatched the keys from niall's hand. everyone tossed their bags in the trunk and piled in the car.

"british people are weird. driving on the left is weird," said liam.

"shut the fuck up you american pie shithead," harry laughed. he actually liked american pie though, and liam's watched his fair share of doctor who and sherlock.

they arrived on campus just as the names had gotten to the t's.

"avery tanks..."

there's this side to louis that not a lot of people saw. it was the side of him that cowered away from people and hid in his room and sobbed at night because life was just too much for him.

he hated that side, but it seems to have gotten the best of him at the moment.

harry sighed, plopping down in his seat beside jay, louis' mum, running his fingers through his hair. jay then pats his leg and sends him a smile.

"oh, he was proper nervous. kept mumbling to himself about how you'd be proud."

harry smiled, "i'm always proud of lou."

jay held doris closer to her chest and looked back to the rows of students - graduating students - seated below, a grin permanently on her face.

"louis tomlinson..."

louis heard screams and chants of his name and looked up to his family as he walked across the stage. he wanted to faint when he saw harry. he came. harry came; just to see him.

"mr tomlinson here has done an outstanding job this year and we would like to congratulate him with his phd and we invite him back to study for his masters."

louis' eyes widened as he looked at the two papers in his hands. he felt tears rush down his face as he read the paper.

dr. louis tomlinson

he thanked his professors and walked down the stairs, back to his seat. to harry, the rest of the ceremony was boring; honest, he only came for louis, but he was proud nonetheless. louis got his medical degree, he's achieved everything he's every wanted and he had harry by his side and really that's all he needed.