Preface Part 3~The Football Field?

Whoa Hi Hello How Are You Guys?

How Long Has It Been?

...okay I know I'm horrible I haven't uploaded in forever.

Don't worry, my lovelies, I have a BUNCH of (hopefully) AMAZING chapters written out for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy!

Thanks for sticking with me

AND THANKS FOR GETTING ME 100+ READS (I really don't deserve it omg)

* * * * *

I rolled over, reaching for Zach. I blindly felt my hand around the empty sheets but got nothing.

Huh.

I opened my eyes and found the bed next to me empty.

Where'd be go? Did he get up already?

I looked over at the alarm clock on my night stand.

6:30 am

Ugh do I really have to get up?

Sitting up reluctantly, I rubbed my eyes until they were able to absorb the light pouring through the balcony doors and windows.

I took a look at myself in the mirror.

My hair was still in it's signature sloppy ponytail and I still looked like a hot mess but strangely I wasn't as miserable as I felt yesterday after the incident.

Of course, years of hurt doesn't just heal over night but I liked having the reassurance that it could be fixed.

I can be my old self back when everything was okay.

Recalling yesterday's events, I buried my head in my hands.

I almost killed myself.

If Zach hadn't walked in at that exact moment, I would've been dead by now.

I shuddered at the thought of my parents or siblings finding me sprawled on the floor, bleeding and not breathing.

I was ashamed of myself. Why did I think nobody would care? What about my parents and family? They loved me. And what about Zach? How selfish could I have been to almost put them in that position.

Well that's why you're committing to this right now. I thought to myself.

To change. For the better this time.

I gulped. This was it. From now on, I was a new person.

Satisfied with my now set mind, I went across the hall into the bathroom to take a shower.

It was refreshing and under the warm patter of the water, I allowed all my negative thoughts to escape down the drain...

* * *

I walked downstairs, dressed in clothes suitable for a workout and my signature pony tail.

Walking into the kitchen, my thoughts cleared as I saw my whole family gathered around the table, eating and charting in front of a huge breakfast feast. I sat down on a stool on the counter where Zach-wearing a rather suitable apron-was preparing something in a plate. He wiped off his brow and looked up at me, grinning.

"Morning, sunshine!" Zach chirped.

I smiled back. "Morning, rainfall."

He frowned. "Wow, Nat, that's so 5th grade."

I smirked. "I know."

I looked back over at the table, where I saw my twin toddler siblings, Julie and Junior digging into a stack of waffles with their hands. My older brother, Alex, was also eating blueberry pancakes at the table, already dressed in his military uniform. Mom and Dad were also sitting at the table, my dad talking to someone on his Bluetooth as he ate an omelet and my mom busied herself with the twins.