Preface Part 1~ Bullycide

The beginning of this book will be the preface, split into four (give or take) different parts/chapters. This is the first part. Thanks for giving it a try!

* * * * *

I have been bullied before- since third grade really -but never this bad. Is that just a sign for me to go already or what?

I lay on my bed, debating with myself like I have been for the past 3 hours while staring up at the plastic glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling. Today had been the last day of my junior year in high school. It was technically the official start of summer break.

I should be happy, right?

Wrong.

Choking back another sob, I dared a look at myself in the mirror.

Staring back at me was a girl I had seen countless times before. She had mid-back length and wavy blonde and golden brown locks which were piled sloppily in a pony-tail. Huge, normally stunning hazel eyes stood out on her round and bruised face, their shine dulled by hours of crying. Her sorrow was plastered clearly on her plump face, eyes rimmed pink and salty tear tracks trailing down her cheeks, past her full lips, and eventually off her face. Her broad shoulders were sunken, ashamed of her tall yet overweight figure, I almost couldn't recognize her.

The wrecked girl looking back at me was none other than me.

Shaking my head at my shameful image, I sullenly got up and walked towards my pearl white dresser. Digging through the drawers, my mind flashed back to the day's events...

I recalled Azzie, Nicki, Shauna, and Savannah -my enemies since 3rd grade. Despite us being in high school, they still make it their to-die-for goal to make my life miserable.

So far it was working.

Today had been no exception. I left my best friend Zach in the courtyard to get my lunch. Usually he would tag along because he knows the girls like to mess with me but -since it was the last day of school- he was distracted talking to his other friends. Not wanting to disturb him, I decided to go get my lunch alone.

I was just about to leave the cafeteria to head back out to the courtyard when I felt someone grab the collar of my shirt and yank me backwards.

My luck, I stumbled straight into Azzie.

"Ouch, Natalie! Gosh, I know you weigh like 300 pounds and all but my skinny body can't like take all of that!" Azzie exclaimed as she backed away from me. Being the drama queen she is, she proceeded to brush herself off and fix her short, blonde curls.

"I don't weigh 300 pounds." I muttered quietly.

Just 50 pounds away though. I added mentally.

"Oh, is her underestimating like too low and inaccurate for you." Nicki taunted.

I rolled my eyes. "Leave me alone." I growled.

"Aw, poor Nat! Your boyfriend Zach like not here to like save you this time?" Shauna mocked.

"He's NOT my boyfriend!" I sneered.

"Exactly. You sure wish he was though. Like, talk about hashtag friend ZOWNED." Savannah pitched in, snickering as the rest giggled.

I tightened my grip on the tray of food I still happened to carry. I hated when they brought Zach into everything. It made me rethink of our friendship over and over again.

I would never deny the fact that I was a teenager all the same and I guess I wanted a boyfriend too. I'm pretty sure they noticed that and have messed with me mercilessly-shoving it in my face that they could have any guy they wanted and I... I didn't even have one.