Chapter 5~ Consideration & Anticipation

OMG 1K+ WHAT
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING

One of my goals for this book was to get it to 1k in under 10 legitimate chapters and well here's the 9th (official) chapter. *cries*

Anyway, you're going to meet (most of) the Evans Family today! Pictures in the media (for your convenience, I labeled with names and ages in order from oldest to youngest) :)

Thank you so much guys! Here's an early update as a celebration. :D

Please continue to read, vote, and comment it means the world to me

THANKS AGAIN

xox Reem :D

* * * * *

It was Tuesday night, the day before junior varsity tryouts for the football team.

When Zach suggested I try out for the team on Monday, all the guys ecstatically agreed. Zach thought it would be a great opportunity for me, especially considering how much I love the sport and how good I had become at it.

At first, I was hesitant.

I've never heard of a girl trying out for a strictly all-male football team, much less make the team.

But I talked to Kat and she thought it was an amazing idea.

She also pointed out that I would never be able to sit in the bleachers and watch something I know I should be a part of. At least I can be content with the fact that I tried instead of giving that opportunity away.

Zach suggested trying out for Junior Varsity first just to try it out and I took him up on it.

So after thinking it over for 2 days, I decided to finally bring it up to my parents.

Zach offered being there for moral support but I declined, telling him I'd call him if I needed him.

But I was determined to convince them myself.

I got up out of my bed, where I had been lying for the past hour trying to get the courage to confront them, and threw my hair up in a ponytail. Smiling a nervous smile at myself in the mirror, I left my room and went downstairs.

Everyone was sitting in the family room except for my mom and Becca, who were doing dishes. I walked into the family room and my dad looked up from his laptop, giving me a crinkly-eyed smile. "Hello, Nat! I didn't think you were still up." He said. Alex looked up at me and give me a quick two-finger salute, returning to a book in his hand.

I sat in the red arm chair and looked across from me at my dad, smiling anxiously. "No, I've just had a lot on my mind. Speaking of having a lot on my mind, um, is there anyway I can talk to you and mom? For a couple minutes... I have to tell you guys something." I rubbed my arm.

My dads expression turned worrisome. "Yes, of course... Are you okay?"

I nodded hastily, my heart pounding. "Uh Yeah. Of course."

My dad looked suspiciously at me but shook it off. "AMY! NATALIE WANTS TO TALK TO US." My dad yelled, leaning over to look into the kitchen.

My mom peeped into the opening, Becca right behind her. "Yeah?" She said.

"Come in the family room 'cause this is going to take a while..." I trailed off.

She gave me a look of worry and wiped her wet hands on a towel draped on a chair. Her and Rebecca walked over to the couch across from me, Becca immediately pulling out her phone and tapping rapidly.

Alex gave me a questioning look but I shook my head, looking towards my parents. My dad set his laptop aside and gestured for me to start.

Shuffling my feet, I looked at them. "So, um, you know how Zach slept over a couple months back..."