What?!

Flashback

''Well you of all people should know Agent McNeil.''

''Who's Agent McNeil?''

''Well you.''

All I could do was stare at him. I was daughter of Captain America and Black Widow. I was never Agent McNeil. My headache was raging.

''It's true. Why don't you ask Director Coulson here.''

"That's enough!'' Coulson ran toward Ultron and got pushed away toward a wall. He fell unconscious.

''Look into your heart you know I am right.''

As soon as I started looking, my headache grew and the next few moments were a big blur. All I could see were phases of fighting and pain. I passed out a few minutes later.

''Agent McNeil. You are a go.'' I walked into the building and saw a lot of computer equipment. Everyone was following my lead. We walked into the room and started fighting Ultron. Tons of men were either wounded or killed. I was ordered to get out. So I started to run out of there, but Ultron got to me and tripped me. We both fought, and then I was knocked out. The next thing you know their were a lot of doctors surrounding me, and.......

''Stephanie. Stephanie, wake up.'' I was woken up by Tasha.

''Tasha what happened? The last thing I remember was watching everyone fighting Ultron and then I passed out.''

''Well I got to the power source and plugged in the Avengers Ares. Then Ultron just turned off, but I got their to late.''

''What do you mean?'' She looked over and started to cry. I looked over as well and I saw the whole team on medical beds and barely stabilizing. I started to cry as well. ''Tasha, what happened to them?''

''Well, Cade is fine. He is just sleeping and has minor wounds. Stella is majorly injured. She suffered damage to the head and headed in for surgery two hours ago. She may never be the same. Artemis for the majority is OK. She fractured a couple ribs and popped a main artery in her head, but is stable. Luke is doing fine. He has a few minor wounds, but will recover fine. Lorelei is fantastic, probably because she is Asgardian and all. And then there's me. One of the few, who got out without an injury.''

''And what of Coulson? Is he OK?''

''Well......''

''Tasha please tell me.''

''He is doing fine. He just needs to be in a wheelchair, probably for the rest of his life.''

''Why is that?''

"Well, after he got unconscious a piece of metal hit him in his lower back. That's all I know.'' I started to cry. Not just for Coulson, but for the whole team. My family was all wounded. And I could have stopped it all. If I had been stronger. ''Well, you need your sleep, so I will come and see you later.''

''OK Tasha.'' I dozed off a few minutes later.

''Agent McNeil. You are a go.'' I walked into the building and saw a lot of computer equipment. Everyone was following my lead. We walked into the room and started fighting Ultron. Tons of men were either wounded or killed. I was ordered to get out. So I started to run out of there, but Ultron got to me and tripped me. We both fought, and then I was knocked out. The next thing you know their were a lot of doctors surrounding me, and I saw a light coming towards me. Then I woke up screaming. They were doing something to me and I wanted to die. I kept yelling to the doctors to let me die, but they just stood there to let whatever they were doing to me keep happening. Then someone came out of the dark and.......''Stephiane wake up!'' I woke up to Tasha, again, tugging on me.

''What happened?'' I said wearily.

''You kept screaming. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright.''

''Well, I'm fine. I just saw something.''

''What?'' I didn't want to lie, but I didn't want to tell her the truth.

''Well, I saw us defeating Ultron and everyone died. I guess I was just having a bad dream.''

''Yeah. OK. Well, someone wants to talk to you.'' As soon as Tasha left, Coulson came in with a wheelchair.

''How are you doing Stephanie?''

''Fine. How about you?''

''Well, nothing a wheelchair won't fix. Look I know you probably have questions about what Ultron said and I can't tell you what we have done. To all of you. It wouldn't be fair.''

''Why not? What aren't you telling me and the rest of the team? Who's Agent McNeil? Oh and don't you say it's classified.''

''Well, years ago we recruited some kids for our new program called Operation Scorpion. Operation Scorpion was bringing highly trained kids together to take down Hydra operations or to take down any initial threats. Everything was going great. The kids were highly trained at every skill set and were some of the better agents. Until....''

''Until what?''

''Until Ultron came into town. We had the Scorpion team sent to take down this threat. But when the mission was over, no one came out alive.''

''Was Agent McNeil one of them?''

"Yes. But we wanted to have them alive so we put them though the TAHITI project.''

''What's the TAHITI project?''

''Well, I was leading the project. The test subjects of the TAHITI program, suffered severe mental deterioration and psychosis. This project was initiated by Director Fury as a fail safe in case any Avenger died in battle. Now, the TAHITI experiments were using alien stem cells to bring dead things back to life. And it worked…sort of. The patients were unstable and I wanted Fury to pull the plug.  Little did I know that soon, the project would be used to save my own life. So we used it on them.''

''So they are alive?''

''Yes, all seven of them.''

''Wait that's how many team members I have.''

''Why yes it is Agent McNeil.''

*****************************************************************************************************

Hey guys I hoped you liked the last chapter of The Next Avengers! But wait, how could this be the last chapter? Their is some explaining to do and more butts to kick. So to answer that question look for the next book! The Next Avengers: Everything Has Changed. COMING SOON!!!!! Until then hi-five!