“However…” He says, his voice dropping. “You may want to go save your maiden before the man of iron scares her out of her mind,” He suggests, shrugging a shoulder towards Serendipity, looking quite annoyed. 

“Oh, no, she’ll be fine,” I tell him, watching her glancing around the room, looking for something. 

“Are you certain? I would hate for it to go sour already, brother,” He says, concerned. 

“Trust me, just watch,” I answer, smirking. He relents, and we both watch as she sings, not even for two seconds, effectively soaking Stark with the water from everyone’s cups. Thor snorts, watching Stark come to terms with being soaked. 

“Alright, I probably deserved that,” He admits. Serendipity nods, agreeing, before making her way through the kitchen area, finding food. I pat Thor on the back, going over to join her. 

“Are you alright?” I ask, for her ears only, my mouth barely moving. 

“Now that I get to spend the rest of the night knowing that Tony is soaked, yes, I am,” She says, laughing. After we collect our food, she grabs my hand, tugging gently so I stop. I turn around, worried something is wrong. 

“Would it be ok if we ate back home?” She asks. “Tony is already a little off because he heard me earlier, and I don’t want to make it worse.” She says, embarrassed. 

“That sounds wonderful, darling. And just to be clear, don’t feel bad for doing that. You can’t be expected to not talk forever. If you want to go eat in our rooms, that is perfectly fine, as long as that’s what you want,” I tell her, meaning every word. She doesn’t deserve to feel guilty for existing. She nods, it is what she wants. 

“Alright, little witch,” I say, watching her laugh at my nickname for her. I take her hand with mine, using the other for food. We walk back to the group and tell them that we’re retiring early. The patriot narrows his eyes at me, making me very aware of the implications here. 

Walking through the now dark Helicarrier; most agents having departed recently, it’s peaceful, just me and my witch. We get back to our hall, and both of us go through the security check, making sure our entrance is documented. 

“Whose room would you prefer to dine in?” I ask, turning to her. 

“Ummmmm,” She says, considering. “Let’s do yours tonight,” I nod, passing her my plate so I can do a room sweep. Once I am sure it is safe, I flick on the lights and have Serendipity come in, closing and locking the door behind us. 

“I wonder if Steve can sense that we’re in a room together…” She mutters under her breath, and I laugh. 

“Most likely, and he is probably appalled,” I tell her, grinning. She sets our food down and takes a seat. I make a big show of conjuring up a beautiful blue bellflower to present her with, and she presses a hand to her chest with gratitude, playing the game. 

As we eat, she fills me in on what happened in the meeting, this time without crying. A couple times I see a flash of fear in her eyes, and I take her hand, rubbing my thumb on the back of it. Once she finishes and we’ve cleaned up from dinner, I offer a suggestion for our next activity. 

“If you would like to, I would be willing to come swim with you again?” I ask, even though we swam already today. She would swim all day if she could, and it is my honor to join her. 

She eagerly nods, her face lighting up. 

“I need to change then, because director pirate is upset about my clothing as well,” I tell her, chuckling at the memory of him scolding me. Serendipity practically runs out of the room and into hers. I wait outside the door for a moment, waiting for her to verify that there’s nothing out of order in her room. She calls from probably her bedroom, telling me it’s all good. I close her door, and head back into my room to change. 

Having found a dry set of swimming shorts, I carefully empty out my pockets, making sure I haven’t lost anything of importance today. Once I am certain everything is still there, I head back into the hall, locking my door and sliding the keys into a convenient zipper pocket on my ‘swimtrunks’ as Midgardians call them. I turn around, about to cross the hall to Serendipity’s room when I end up face to face with Director Pirate. And he looks very, very cross. 

“Ah. Hello, Director,” I say awkwardly. His glare doesn’t soften in the lightest. “Is something wrong?” I ask, slightly scared. 

“I’ve heard that you and Miss Dipity are an item?” He says, questioning this information. Probably from Stark. He tells everyone everything. 

“Oh, yes. That is accurate,” I say, hesitating. 

“If you break her heart, Laufeyson,” My eyes open wide in shock at the use of that heavily classified tidbit of information. “You’re going to have to be peeled off of the street like eggs on a pan you didn’t grease. Understood?” He says, intimidating. I gulp. 

“Understood, sir.” I tell him, terrified. 

“Good. Enjoy your night.” He says, backing off, just like that. I stand there for a moment, gathering my wits, before I knock on Serendipity’s door. It opens nearly as soon as my knuckle hits the door to reveal a wide-eyed witch. 

“I am so sorry about him, Loki. I swear I had nothing to do with that, I’ll talk to him about it tomorrow. Has anything else-“ I cut off her rambling by kissing her, which is my preferred mode of stopping her words. 

“It’s worth it for you.” I tell her, as she pulls me into her room and towards the pool for the third time today