Chapter 7

Fury is so different from all the others. He explained to me that he only put me in the pool because he figured it would be easiest on me; due to the fact I went back into my natural form to heal. He got me clothes that fit, he gave me a hairbrush, and he left the room momentarily to let me change. I may be a prisoner here, but I am still sort of human. He even let me just walk to the next room he wanted me in. He didn't sedate me, or handcuff me, or lay one finger on my body. He just asked me to follow him.

So I did.

I followed him through many twisting hallways, through throngs of people, until he opened a door for me. Inside that room is a table. And at that table are the six people who tried to kill me. My chest immediately tightens and I back myself into the wall behind me, profusely shaking my head.

"I-I-I can't go in there." I wrap my arms around my body and try to breathe. Fury closes the door and comes to lean against the wall next to me while I gather myself. Once I feel calmer, I sink to the ground, and Fury starts talking.

"They aren't going to hurt you, Miss Dipity." He says, staring down the hallway.

"Why not?" I snap at him, infuriated. "That's what they did last time!"

"What they did last time, was because you refused to talk peacefully." He says, oddly calm.

"Well forgive me for thinking that they would attack me, as they stalk me in the streets and are all armed to the teeth!" Fury laughs.

"Well, you aren't wrong. But this time, I can guarantee that they will not so much as leave those seats until my say so," He calmly states, and for some reason I believe him. He seems very stable and in control. I take a minute to sort out emotions, and I come to realize that I trust him when he says they won't hurt me. I know I shouldn't- humans are my enemy. But I nod anyways. He offers me a hand and I grab it. Fury helps me up, and gestures towards the door again.

I inhale deeply, and nod. He swings the door open and I step in. I glance around the table and they're all there. The flashlight, the shield, the guns, the bow, the weird hammer, and the one who stayed in the background. There is also a seventh man, but I do not understand why he is here. He does not seem to have an enhancement like the men with the hammer and the shield; his body does not look agile enough to be valuable in hand to hand combat, like the woman; he doesn't even seem to have an ounce of authority in this room.

As I am 'sizing them up' as the humans say, I step towards an empty chair at one end of the table. I look down at my hands in my lap for a long moment, feeling eight stares boring into my head. Fury sinks into his chair and slaps his palms on the table.

"Ok, introductions, people." He says. He points to a shorter man with a goatee. "Tony Stank," Fury says, suppressing a smile. Tony raises his hand and corrects.

"Stark. Tony Stark." A small smile spreads across my face.

Fury points to a very muscular blond-haired man next to Mr Stark.

"Steve Rogers," Steve gives me a smile and a wave. He seems a lot nicer without the shield and when he isn't trying to kill me.

Fury points to another muscular blond haired man, this one with much longer hair.

"Thor." Thor is the dude with the weird hammer.

"Just.. Thor?" I ask, almost whispering. Thor shakes his head.

"I do have a surname, but it is not a family name as the Midgardians use. I am Thor, Odinson." Thor says. He seems very nice despite looking like an entitled rich boy. I blink and clarify.

"As in the Norse god, Thor Odinson?" Wait. Fury did ask if I needed one of the gods to carry me again. Wait wait wait. He said gods. Plural. Who else is a-