The Den

The last bell of the last class. Finally. It almost felt as though it would last forever. (Y/N) loved the class subject no doubt. History is amazing, full of unforeseen knowledge. The knowledge that was so recent and yet could feel like it was so long ago. It could bring people together and bring upon war. And yet... the class was so boring! It was just (Y/N)'s luck that she has studied this time period in that region on her own time for research on magic. She saw an interesting new book in the library that was about an interesting subject so she decided to dive deeper into it. Inevertly learning more about the time period and culture she would learn about in class.

As she made her way to the front of the class to leave some girls blocked her path.

 "Excuse me I think you're blocking my way." (Y/N) sighed darting her eyes to the side to try to signal to the duo to politely move. They looked at each other then snickered as if they could read each other's minds.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there. You must have done a disappearing act on yourself." The girl sneered. She had dark brown hair pulled into a high ponytail. After her little game, she reluctantly moved to the side as her friend with a dirty blond bobcat did the same.

"You know I heard that just inside the woods there's a wolf that will grant any wish so long as you can find it. But something will be taken as a payment, and you won't know what it is until it's too late."  The dark brunette giggled once (Y/N) was just within earshot.

"Really!" Her partner in crime whispered back, sneaking glances to the girl they were teasing.

"And that's not all I saw somewhere that its home is in an old trunk of a tree. Once you find it knock on it three times then say "oh, great wolf, grant me a wish from your paw."

"But how will you know which trunk?"

"It's magical. You'll know."

(Y/N) couldn't believe her ears. These girls thought she was so dull that she couldn't see a prank from a mile away. (Y/N) left the school and approached the part in the road. Go to the forest or go home?

"I have about 30 minutes before I actually have to go home. I should check it out." (Y/N) thought out loud. She walked down the road to the forest's entrance. If there was any time to back out it was now. "Maybe it's a kwami like from my reading. I mean it said that they have lots of power and grant wishes so maybe..." (Y/N) smiled, strolling through the woods she decided to admire the sounds of the forestry and animals around her. The forest was always peaceful, with the satisfaction of the smell of trees and the exact detail of the elements in the trunk. Wait. (Y/N) halted her steps immediately. "This looks like a transmutation circle. Alchemy, of course, that makes sense, 'take something' that must have meant the equivalent exchange. Maybe they weren't lying. Maybe there is some magic here, a kwami even. She looked down to see if there was a den. Moving some leaves over and there it was, plain as day. She placed her hand carefully on the circle then knocked three times and recited the passage. "Oh, great wolf, grant me a wish from your paw." She opened her eyes, after a moment of stillness.

"I hear your calls. So let me grant you this," before (Y/N) could react she realized that she has been pushed into the den. "A one-way ticket to your dreams!" (Y/N) looked up to see the girls from earlier standing over her. The brunette had a smug grin and the other with a timid frown while holding a camera. "What are you waiting for, take the picture Alinea!"

"I-I think we took it too far this time Stephenie. I mean this is bad, like really bad. (Y/N) could have gotten really hurt." Alinea stutters, clutching the camera then ran away to tell someone. Stephenie scoffed then ran after her friend. Assuming the worst was over she waited for help to arrive though it never did. It wasn't cold or dark, not even close it was only 4:00, but the loneliness was eating away at her. Deciding that she was going to get herself out she gripped onto a spare root and began to pull herself up. After attempting and failing three times over, she was getting tired but refused to quit. That was until something caught her eye. On the ground, there was a little trinket, a hairpin of sorts. It was simple, having a tiny golden gem at the top and a medium-sized while and brown feather hanging from it.