Volpina

(Y/N) yawned as she woke up and prepared for another day of school. She sighed and ate her bowl of cereal as Maiyun watched the news. A knock was heard at the door causing Maiyun to hide in the nearest spot he could find.

"(Y/N) it's me." (Y/N) heard the cheerful feminine voice at the door. (Y/N) smiled brightly and opened the door. "Hey, you still eating?" Marinette asked.

"I'm almost done. You can have something if you'd like. Adrian hasn't come by in a while and the fruit will go bad soon. You can have whatever you'd like." Marinette smiled and thanked her for her offer. She grabbed an apple and a banana.

After eating for a few minutes the girls began to walk to school. Marinette had asked her if they could walk to school whenever (Y/N) was able to. Of course (Y/N) accepted and enjoyed their walks and getting close. By the time they got to the school there was a buzz. Everyone was talking about a certain person named Lila. Marinette approached Alya and asked her who Lila was. (Y/N) looked around and noticed a familiar patch of blond hair.

"It's the new girl, she just enrolled at our school. She even agreed to give me an exclusive interview for the Ladyblog. Marinette looked to Alya with slight confusion at the thought of Lila having something to contribute. (Y/N) kept looking at the situation ahead of her with a neutral look on her face.

"(Y/N)...are you okay?" Marinette looked over to (Y/N) with a worried expression. She had never seen this kind of look on (Y/N) before and it was quite worrisome. She couldn't tell what she may have been thinking or feeling. Normally (Y/N) would be an open book, her eyes telling the story of how she felt. Now her eyes were dull, as if the emotion from them had been locked away.

"I'm fine." (Y/N) smiled. It was strange though, it was the same kind of false smile Adrian would give. "You said that you had an interview with her, can we see?" (Y/N) asked, seemingly interested in the video. Alya gladly showed the girls the small interview. When the girl named Lila came onto the screen Marinette saw the first genuine expression on her face since they got there. It confused her as to why, but it was fear. Something about Lila scared (Y/N). Marinette placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled sweetly. (Y/N) smiled back and looked up to where her gaze was glued before. Marinette eyes followed (Y/N)'s gaze to see Adrian and the new girl Lila. When Marinette looked back she saw (Y/N)'s eyes still dull.

Lila began to pull Adrian into the library. It was clear that he didn't want to but he was still dragged in. Marinette quickly grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and dragged her upstairs behind them. (Y/N) sighed and laughed softly at Marinette's antics. Marinette continued to drag (Y/N) to a bookshelf and observed Adrian. Maiyun, unbeknownst to Marinette, watched Adrian as well. They all noticed how Adrian pulled out an old-looking book.

"Strange" Maiyun muttered to himself. "It looks like the same book Amber had when she was studying kwamis." (Y/N) looked to Maiyun and quirked her brow slightly at his words. Where did Adrian get a book on kwamis? Why does he have it?

"Okay, I got all the stuff for the history homework," Lila said as she sat down with Adrian. (Y/N) noticed that Maiyun was missing and trying to get a better view of Adrian's book. For now, she ignored him and focused on keeping Marinette out of trouble. "What's this?" Lila asked as she snatched Adrian's book and looked through the pages.

"U-uh nothing, just a book about superheroes."

"Oh my gosh, I love superheroes." She smiled and kept looking through the pages before she saw a costume that looked similar to Nadia. Maiyun looked closer at the book and realized that it was a picture of himself in human form when he uses the power of his miraculous. Lila flipped to the next page and saw Ladybug. "Nadia and Ladybug?"