"I love you too." He quickly responded, pulling her in for a long and lingering kiss.

    "Why don't you talk to him about it? He's just reading over some old kingdom laws right now in the library." Emma suggested.

    "I don't think that's such a good idea, love." Killian responded, uneasy.

    "Please, for me. It might make him feel better if you asked instead of us just assuming that we were going to go on the Jolly Roger in the first place." Emma begged.

    "How could I ignore the plea of my Emma." He responded, caving in.

The two of them made their exit from the garden and now off to find the King. Killian was more nervous than he had ever been and Emma hugged his arm trying to comfort him as they walked. They walked in silence, mainly for Killian to gather his thoughts... when they arrived at the library door Emma knocked, asking for permission to enter.

    "You may enter." The King said from a table, without looking up from his work.

    "Hello, father." Emma said with a smile, Killian trailing behind.

    "Hello darling, Killian..." David responded, his smile faded once he saw Killian.

    "Where's mom?" Emma asked her father.

    "Somewhere around here, do you need her?" Charming asked his daughter.

    "Yes, please. Killian wanted to talk to you and mother." She responded with a smile.

    "Snow, Emma is here." David said loudly, calling for his wife.

    "Is everything alright?" The Queen asked, appearing out of nowhere.

    "Yes mother, Killian just wanted to ask you two something." Emma responded, pulling Killian forward.

    "What is it?" Snow asked with a smile.

    "I was wondering... If you would allow me to escort Emma to Arendelle... On the Jolly Roger..." Killian said nervously.

    "Well it's fine with me. I know you'll take good care of Emma." Snow said with a smile.

    "Daddy, can I go with Killian, please?" Emma asked, staring at her father who had a straight face.

    "Why don't you go down to the kitchen, they've been preparing cakes for you to taste for your ball." David said to his daughter, trying to get her to leave.

    "I'm sure that can wait." Emma responded, knowing he wanted her to leave.

    "Well the sooner you do it, the quicker the preparations will end." David responded with a smile.

    "Then I'll go after we've finished here." Emma said, testing her father.

    "It's alright Swan, I'll meet you down there when I'm done." Killian interjected.

    "Alright." Emma responded, kissing Killian's cheek before she left.

    "Swan?" Snow asked with a confused look, referring to the name Killian just called Emma.

    "It's, uh, a nickname I gave her a long time ago. From that swan necklace you gave her." Killian responded with an uneasy smile.

    "Well I think it's a very cute nickname Captain, don't you David?" Snow answered, tapping her grumpy husband's shoulder.

    "Why is he here again?" David asked with a straight face.

    "To ask your permission to take Emma to Arendelle on the Jolly Roger." Killian responded with a slight smile.

    "No." The King responded, getting up from his seat.

    "David, you can't be serious." The Queen said.

    "He's a pirate Snow. He held her captive on his ship for nearly a year." He said to his wife as if Killian wasn't there.

    "You know that's not true. She wanted to be there and we let her." She said harshly.

    "No. He's right. My motives then were unforgivable, but I've changed." Killian said, ending the bickering.

    "And what's your point?" David asked.

    "I promise to take care of your daughter. The Jolly Roger is the fastest ship in all the realms, I can get her there quickly and safely. I assure you, no one will harm her while she's in my charge, your majesty." He responded in a serious tone.

They were all silent for a moment that seemed to never end. David stared at Killian who was getting more nervous as the seconds passed. Charming really did believe the Killian would take care of Emma, he just didn't want to let his little girl go again. The last time they tried to send her to Arendelle, she was gone for months... 

    "Come on David, you know we can trust him." Snow said breaking the tension.

    "Alright. On one condition... you take me sailing first." David responded with a smile.

"Thank you..." Killian said, letting out a breath of relief.

David was finally warming up to him...

As always... leave comments, suggestions, anything! :)

Thank you for reading!