31: Hoseok, Part 2

"We're connected

"We're connected. We're together."

- - - - -

The room was quiet.

Everyone was holding onto her every word, her every breath.

The air conditioner whirring in the background was loud in comparison to the deafening silence the group held.

"...So..." Jennie continued finally, after taking a moment to collect herself.

She gazed down somberly at her hands folded in her lap before making eye contact again with the group.

"...It happened during our sophomore year, about three years ago from now. Almost a year after we met."

- - - - -

"You'll never guess what I just got, Jennie."

"Hmm? What?"

Hoseok reached into his backpack, pulling out a car key.

"You- you got a car!?" she exclaimed. "Is your family secretly rich? Did I miss something?"

He laughed. "That's a stretch. My dad recently got a company car, and he was going to sell the one he had, but... he thought he could hold on to it for a while longer so I could use it."

"That's... that's incredible! You must be one of the only people in school to drive a car. I don't even have my license!" Jennie said, still baffled.

"Well my darling, you don't need one. Now we don't have to take the train anymore. I'll give you rides!"

"Y-you don't have to do that! I don't want to burden you..."

He linked his arm with hers, smiling as he stared deeply into her eyes.

"Burden? Please. Spending more time with the two of us alone... even if it's just while driving, I couldn't be happier." he said softly.

Jennie blushed, resting her head into his arm so he wouldn't see her red face.

"W-well then, if you insist... thank you."

He smiled, and slid his hand down to intertwine with hers, pulling it to his lips and kissing it.

The pair walked out of the school building, heading towards his new car. Jennie remained to be in awe as she watched him carefully drive her home. As he focused on the road, a smile never left his face, and his hand never let go of hers.

When they arrived at her house, Jennie didn't want the moment with him to end. Hoseok looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to exit the car, but she didn't.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

Jennie nervously looked down at her hands in her lap.