The boy from the Temple part 3

The light of the Lothal sun hit the raven haired boy's skin, something he hasnt felt in a while. It was warm yet...strange, familiar yet unfamiliar. The two stepped outside on the grassy fields of Lothal. Kanan turned around to check on the boy with him. Ezra seemed amazed and in a trance. He was looking at the grass like it was gold, then at the sky like and then at Kanan. Their eyes met as the older man smiled.

"A little out of the ordinary ?" Kanan said chuckeling

"S-Somewhat" Ezra answered shying away a bit. He still couldnt believe he was...well outside.

As they started walking forward, Ezra noticed a ship quite close to them, Just a few meters away. He pointed at it muttering "Yours...?". Kanan nodded as they continued walking. They reached the Phantom as the Jedi went inside first to contact Hera, to tell her he's heading back.

"Spectre 2 ?" Kanan asked over the ship's com link. Hera answered very fast saying "Spectre 1 is everything alright ? How did it go ?".

"You could say that it was....an interesting experience. But anyways Im heading back now. I have someone with me" Kanan said. There was silence untill a the same female voice answered "Someone with you....?".

"See you there Spectre 2!" Kanan said "Wait Kanan-!" the com link turned off, ending the communication. The older man turned around to check on the boy that he had formally took under his wing. Ezra was standing outside the ship, just by the entrance, he wasnt going in though. Kanan approched him but he then noticed what the younger boy was looking at. He was staring at the temple with a concerned look.

"Ready to go ?" he asked gently as Ezra immedietly looked over at him, focusing his attention on Kanan now.

"Y-yeah" The boy muttered but clearly a bit hesitant.

"You going to miss it ?" Kanan asked reffering to the temple as he stepped closer.

Ezra stayed silent but then smirked slightly, he muttered a few words Kanan couldnt understand as he entered the ship. The older man sat on the pilot chair, Ezra following him and standing behind him.

The Phantom started rising in the air while also causing some surprise in Ezra. He hasn't been on a ship for a long time to the point his body forgot the sensations. Before They turned around to head back to the Ghost, Ezra got a glimpse of the temple...The place where he had spent 8 years in...He felt unsure and unsafe outside it..So many what ifs flooding his mind but as he looked over to the man piloting the ship he felt a small sense of relief. The ship then turned around, starting to head back to the Ghost.

AT THE GHOST.....

Hera was standing on the ramp, anxiously waiting for the Jedi, pacing around from time to time. God she couldn't let that man go anywhere without some type of unexpected development. As soon as she saw a small ship approching, her worry only spiked as she headed towards the landing spot. 

IN THE PHANTOM....

Ezra had noticed the female Twi'lek approching them, he started feeling afraid. As soon as the new emotions were present in the boy, Kanan felt like almost as if his whole world crashed down. What was this..fear? he was feeling. It wasnt a such a big of a deal, it was just Hera. Maybe the emotions..werent his to begin with. He turned his head towards the boy next to him. He seemed unsure, scrunching his eyebrows and his hand gripping the pilot chair. And then it hit Kanan, he could feel the emotions Ezra was feeling first hand. How is that possible, it's like tehy shared their mind and body. He couldnt do much except give the boy some reassurance right? "Dont worry, shes a friend" Kanan said gently. Causing Ezra to look at him giving him an unsure look, there was still some worry in his eyes. 

IN FRONT OF THE GHOST....

Hera suddenly felt fear rise up in her, it wasnt her own but..it felt so strange and empty. She had nothing to be THAT afraid of and yet it felt like her entire life force responded to someone else's emotions. She did her best to ignore it since the Phantom was landing.

The ship landed as Hera stood in front of it. Kanan went outside to greet the female but Ezra stayed inside the Phantom. He could hear a bunch of hellos and what on earth is wrong with you coming from the two people as they approached eachother but then the female Twi'lek ran to the Jedi, giving him a firm hug. She let Kanan go after a few seconds and asked "Did everything really go alright ?" 

Kanan scratched his head and gave a couple of hums but then answered "Define alright" He chuckled nervously. Hera raised an eyebrow at the man as he turned around facing back at the Phantom. 

Kanan called out in a gentle voice "Ezra ?"

The woman looked towards the entrance and out of the Phantom in suspense and anticipation. But then, out walked a raven haired boy. He was looking away, obviously trying to avoid eye contact adn holding himself protectively. Ezra looked as if he wanted to say something but he was unsure.

Hera was beyond suprised, Kanan left alone and now he brought a teenage boy with him. They needed to have a talk about picking up stray cats or well children.

"Who....?" Hera said looking over at Kanan as he nodded. Almost as if he knew she was hesitant to greet the younger boy.

"Hello.." Hera managed to say as the teen looked up at her, revealing his electric blue eyes. It was almost as if you could see the entire universe through them. They were such a sight to behold, she had never seen eyes such as this. 

Ezra softly responded saying "Hi..". Hera came closer to the boy but he backed away quickly, giving her a sudden alerted and defensive look. A soon as Ezra moved as a response to her advances, Hera was taken a back, her mind had wondered elsewhere, she could suddenly hear the wind blowing 10 times louder, she could see through the eyes of a Loth-cat that was watching them from a distance. She felt connected to every single living being around them untill a sudden touch snapped her back into reality.

"Hera ?" Kanan asked holding her shoulder. The Twi'lek turned to him, confused and a bit panicked.

Kanan nodded in understanding, he knew what had happened.

"It happens to non force sensetive people too..." 

Ezra was looking at her but then turned his head to Kanan, asking for reassurance. The Jedi smiled as he nodded, gesturing Ezra that it was safe. He felt himself relax a bit as he looked back at the female.

Hera again started coming closer to him but this time Ezra didnt back away.

"Im Hera Syndulla, the captian of this ship" Hera said pointing at the ghost "You are...Ezra correct ?".

Ezra nodded in response saying "Yes". Hera smiled at the boy, looking deeper into the boy's eyes. She wanted to say how beautiful they were but she was going to wait untill the teen was more comfortable. Kanan then spoke "Ezra, I will interduce you to the rest of the crew, You can stay in the fresh air for a while but do be on the ramp okay ?".

Ezra felt himself relax even more, almost as if he hoped Kanan would say that. The Jedi also wanted some alone time with the crew to explain the situation.

"Yeah..I'll be here" He said in response

Then Kanan gestured Hera to follow him inside the Ghost as the twi'lek followed suit. The three figures walked closer to the Ghost and Ezra stayed on the ramp, sitting down as Kanan and Hera went inside the ship...