The boy from the Temple part 1

LOTHAL, AT THE GHOST....

Kanan was standing on the ramp with Hera. They were alone with the Phantom in front of them on the grassy fields of Lothal. The female wore a concerned expression, her arms crossed and brows narrowing. 

"Are you sure about this ?" Hera said as Kanan started walking towards the phantom. He turned around to the Twi'lek and calmy answered "Yes, I think this is something I need to do".

"Cant Ahsoka come with you ?" Hera debated, there was no reason the reckless Jedi should dive head first into an unknown area. Despite Kanan knowing she didnt feel good about him going to the Lothal Jedi Temple alone, he answered "I would prefer to do this by myself, my vision was of great importance, I know it was but I need guidance to understand it better"  

As his words left his mouth, he was already at the entrance of the Phantom. Hera was still there standing, hoping Kanan will change his mind. This was the first time he would visit the Lothal Jedi Temple he saw in his vision but no one knew if it was truely safe after all. Kanan noticed her concern for the 10th time and smiled "Its going to be okay, I'll see you soon".

Hera tried to smile back but all she was able to give was a small re assuring smile. Though it wasn't clear who it was directed to, herself? Kanan? or both. The Jedi went inside the phantom and After just a few moments the small ship rose up in the air and flew away.

"I hope you are right Kanan" Hera said watching the ship disappear into the distance.

WITH KANAN INSIDE THE PHANTOM....

After he was quite some distance away from the Ghost. Kanan sighed as he closed his eyes.

"I have to find the Temple first before getting myself killed"

Kanan started focusing, searching the various force signatures around him. He loved doing this, it was nice, calming and relaxing- What was that? Suddenly..he a jolt rock through his body. The Jedi Temple's location but that couldnt be all. But just as he was about to open his eyes he felt another distinct force signature....it wasnt a force-sensetive's signature...it was something completely different. It sent sparks of pressure along Jedi's back. Kanan's eyes shot up, wide and confused.

"What was...that?" Kanan whispered but shook his head deciding to focus on the location he had just found out. Maybe he was just out of practise and the force signatures shocked him? Well who knows.

After around 10 minutes of flying, the Phantom landed and Kanan got out again on the grassy fields of Lothal. He looked in front of him, there was a huge rock like structure. It would be well jutst a rock to other people, but being a Jedi, Kanan knew it was something different.

"Must be the Jedi temple" Kanan said as he got closer. He started looking around a bit but quickly sighed and sat on the ground in a meditating position. And then there it was, that feeling again, that unknown force signature that seemed to blend in with every single force signature on the planet but by itself it still felt individual. The Force was trying to tell him something. Kanan closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. He was now focusing on opening the Jedi temple but there was something blocking it, something was missing. Kanan opened his eyes and took in a few deep breaths before closing his eyes again. At that moment something was different, he felt himself opening the entrance to the Jedi Temple but there was another..influence helping him. Almost as if inviting him. When Kanan opened his eyes, there was a clear entrance to the temple in front of him.

"Today is just full of weirdness"

He stood back up and headed inside with the rock heavy door closing behind him.

INSIDE THE LOTHAL JEDI TEMPLE...

Kanan was walking in a barely lit up area but it was still bright enough for him to see. Suddenly he found himself in a hallway that seemed to be a dead end. There were a few skeletons left from the Masters whose Padawans never came back.

He sat on the ground in a meditating position, doing his best to focus. After a few moments with his eyes closed, it was almost as if he fell into a trance. His senses heightened feeling something..or someone behind the wall of that dead end hallway in front of him. But Kanan couldnt decipher the presenace. It was different from anything he had ever felt before.

Suddenly Kanan heard a familiar  voice speak.

"Caleb dume" A raspy deep voice whispered..

"Master Yoda ?" Kanan asked immedietly, he got up to his feet in record time.

"Me it is yes! But you it is who should be asking yourself who you are" Yoda answered with a small chuckle. 

"What do you mean Master ?" 

"Hmm.... has been given to you a difficult path is, Master Billaba's Padawan" Yoda said as Kanan winced hearing his Master's name. He didnt have to bring her up..He shook his head almost as if shaking the tragic throughts away and focused on the matter at hand.

"Master Yoda, For a while now I have been having visions of this temple but I do not know what they mean"

"Trust in your instincts you did but in front of you is what you came for" Master Yoda answered in his riddle like sentance structure. If The younger Jedi didnt know any better, it would have annoyed him to death "Complete your own training you didnt but another path unfolded has for you"

Kanan was indeed confused, he did not understand what Master Yoda was talking about. Also why is he only bringing up things he was sensitive about, was the Master doing it on purpose?

"Confused you are and confused you will be" The raspy voice continued speaking

"Master I do not understand what it is I have to do" Kanan anwered quite bluntly and honestly. What was the point of all this?

" For you Padawan, a difficult path was set" Yoda started "Forseen it your Master has"

Kanan's eyes widened "What?" "My Master knew I would be brought here one day?"  he thought

"In front of you an important task is, will you proceed the question is" 

The young Jedi hesitated. What was all this about anyway? The suspense of the whole ordeal was starting to get irritating. What was so important? 

 "What is this task Master ?". 

Yoda chuckeled and after a few moments said:

"Soon find out you will". 

As soon as Yoda said those words, a noise was heard as Kanans eyes shot towards the source of it. The dead end wall in front of him started to crumble down, revealing a dark path covered in shadows. Kanan got up and started heading to the new opened path with great hesitation. Yes indeed, just go into the dark weird definetly not your death sentance entrance! Then as if reading his mind, Master Yoda's voice spoke again "Do or do not there is no try....but quite extrodinary this case is. Depend on you another will, will you be able to bear it the question is" Yoda continued but a lot more slowly 

"On you guard always be"

Kanan was now passing throught this new dark path, until he saw the end of it. A faint light. It was small, precious. When he reached it another room had presented itself to him. It was almost the same as the last one, another dead end but he could feel the unknown and strange force signature from before, there it was the most intense. As he looked down...

 In the centre of the room... a sleeping boy was laying down on the ground...